Do you think PZN will remain silent into
I thought for sure we would hear something
week. I thought it was a certainty.
wait till January and still be a REIT?
unfamiliar with what the exact laws are.
You have to ask specific questions, not
I would have stated exactly how many shares the
last report to shareholders of the fund showed they
held in PZN. Then ask if they have been buying or
selling shares most recently and how many shares they now
I'd have asked them what their
expectations of a cash dividend was based upon...
conversations with management or simply lack of news to the
But to ask if they are bullish... Does a positive
response mean 'we believe their chance of going into
bankruptcy is only 40% vs 60% for remaining solvent' or does
that mean 'after talking to management recently we
expect to see PZN at $20.00 a share by this time next
year'. Quite a difference!
Why do you think they would own that large
a stake with many recent additions in the $12-14
area if PZN was going belly up?
something to be announced next week.
what it is, PZN is cheap. I am
going to hold off
on buying more til the news
trying to help not hype believe me.
13s, after being down at around 9.
thought it was bottom and needed a place to park some
money. Sold some at 11 and am still holding 70%. I am
hoping that the first week in Jan will bring lots of
value investors, But, management must show that they
are still around or no one will want to invest here
and we will miss all the up trend with the January
I have been fortunate to have found eweb. This one
is bullish. Did you see jweb go from 14 to 77 in 3
days. eweb has that kind of potential.
Check it out,
dd and all.
Anyway, I thought pzn had lots of
promise. I have never hated a security as much as I do
Happy Holidays, and good luck to all
NewMK said it earlier, they HAVE to declare the
special dividend before year end to be a REIT. Otherwise
they have not paid out all their E&P's from the CCA
merger and are in violation....what ever that
I feel expect nothing in dividends, that's what I'd
do. Pay the taxes on the $225mm in income in
dividends already paid. Take your chances in court. You can
assure the SI wants this thing de-REITed and I would
think that's enough to satisfy any court suit. IMO, PZN
is NOT in the drivers seat on the dividend, the
bankers and the SI are so who you going to sue? Potential
The tax bill would be apprx. $80-$90mm versus $220mm
for the dividends. That means $140mm more dilution to
get that dividend paid out. I'd take my chances in
court if I was PZN.
I'm not sure what the
accounting for an Opco merger back would be, purchase or
pooling to absorb that tax loss for next years income.
NewMK I assume has that answer.
How can mgmnt stand by and watch the stock drop
without even a comment i.e. operations are strong and
they are negotiating. I am beginning to think they are
letting the stock fall on purpose, maybe to take it
regarding OPCO, how much will PZN have to pay the
insiders who own OPCO? If PZN does not survive as a reit,
what happens to the "value" of OPCO. Please tell me
this isn't a shell game -- if you owned OPCO, would
you give it back without getting something in return?