They have at least 30 days until Nasdaq committee meets to make a decision on their request for a STAY...
All they have to do to totally blow the "delisting" boogeyman away is post a PR to the effect that they have signed a FOB partner who is willing and able to pay a significant portion of the production start-up costs...
OR post a PR stating that the ALS results are extremely positive, and that NIH is on board with a grant to fund further studies...
OR post a PR stating that they have signed a "strategic partner" for ALS in Europe..
OR post a PR stating that they have received an offer to buy them out for $X.XX per share!
Those that think that management will sit idly by while Nasdaq delists the company, and their recently PURCHASED shares, (some for $1.04/share), are made worthless, are mistaken, imo... I doubt that ANY of the bashers on this mb are REALLY that stupid... (but I could be wrong about that...lol.)
As Peter Lynch noted..."Insiders buy shares for only one reason... they believe the pps is going to go up!"
Sorry Zip you are wrong again. News will not be enough to prevent INSM from being removed from the NASDAQ GM.
The problem with BioTechs is that the indications take so long to reach approval that short sellers like to borrow cash in the mean time. Therefore, a short uptick in the share price will bring the return of the short sellers. INSM share price will return to below $1.
Zip you are also wrong about short stature. Ipsen paid TRCA a $23 million dollar milestone payment for approval of Increlex in the EU. Add the $10 million that TRCA will make in Increlex sales for 2007 and you have a stock going the correct direction -- 35% gain for 2007.
You are still allowing your emotions to drive your investment decisions instead of logic. Follow the money. INSM has a limited supply. Therefore, the stock price will sink when NASDAQ slaps their hand for a bid price under $1 and management holding only 1% of outstanding shares.
If management does not believe in INSM's future, why should investors?
Lets say INSM announces an FOB partner at the end of January. Plus, the partner buys some newly minted shares of INSM based on the average INSM share price for the month of January.
Whatever that average share price ends up being, it will be lower than the buy in price for the huge majority of INSM shareholders.
The question becomes: Will current shareholders be angrier about the cozy deal the partner gets or the further dilution of their 'to the moon' investment?
How do you get to the moon with angry shareholders?
"Therefore, a short uptick in the share price will bring the return of the short sellers. INSM share price will return to below $1."
And that is what, in advance of revenues, makes it a trading stock. I have bought and held too long. Sold some above a buck, may add if it goes lower, and intend to sell on the news, if it ever comes.
Well and also I might add, that my price and volume strategy does not lend itself to an imminent delisting.
The price would be much lower and the volume much higher if the street felt delisting was coming anytime soon.