1. 3 to 13 is a tremendous move in 12 months.
2. Russell inclusion is a lock barring an unexpected event.
3. Russell's effect on the current share price will be substantial (it is for all stocks that get included or dumped).
4. Phase 3 results are imminent and will have a major effect on the current share price.
If you took my advice and bought at 6 dollars a share, congratulations! My second play would be to sell half if you are risk-averse and let the rest ride for a potential move to 24 post phase 3 news. If you have tremendous guts, then hold with the entire investment and profit in a best-case scenario of "expected" Arikace superiority over Tobi. The fact that Russell inclusion and Phase 3 are potentially going to be simultaneous events adds another wrinkle to the trade. Meanwhile shorts have positioned themselves for the usual downdraft that follows major biotech moves, but I predict they are making a big mistake, and a squeeze is highly favorable due to the coming inclusion and phase 3 one-two punch. FWIW, I am a long term investor with INSM, so short term moves are simply fun to predict, but I do not participate by day trading or by trying to capture short term gains. Go INSM!!!
The reality is that
1. although the sp has moved from 3 to 13 in one year, the majority of investors here have been in since before MMD and have not enjoyed the share price appreciation you bloviate ( I'm guessing yourself included).
2. I have seen Russel inclusion with others stocks I purchased just for that reason not appreciate.
3. Not necessarily, for the reason mentioned in #2
4. phase lll results will have a major effect, one way or the other.
5. It's June 11, 2013 @2:58 pm and we are down 3.52%
kennethtdc post is honest. Most here are in for around a buck. kvncmcdd likes to tout 3 dollar buys(which belies his 122k positon), such is biotech when you buy and hold until the company is in a position of revenues,imho - you will see it again.Please add thumbs and bash
Any day between now and end of July. I have a hunch that Insmed wants to release the data before the Russell event, but like you or anyone else outside of the company, that's just speculation.