% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Insmed Incorporated Message Board

  • blueyedcatch blueyedcatch Jul 14, 2014 8:21 AM Flag

    Bid for Shire going higher-----now 53 billion-----------

    This obviously bodes well for us with INSMED------ 11 billion for Insm looking more and more like a distinct possibility. I can wait for Lewis to get us there,can you?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • That would be nice, but, Shire and Insmed are two totally different companies.

      • 1 Reply to ltdobanion
      • Funny! Didn't Shire bought Iplex earlier?

        Company Insmed Inc.
        Description Complex of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and its principal binding protein, IGF binding protein 3 (IGFBP3)
        Molecular Target Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) receptor (IGF1R) (CD221) ; Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein 3 (IGFBP3)
        Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) receptor agonist
        Therapeutic Modality Biologic: Protein
        Latest Stage of Development Phase II
        Standard Indication Retinopathy of prematurity
        Indication Details Treat retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)
        Regulatory Designation

        Partner Shire plc

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • For sure each month that passes the value for INSM goes higher. A take out today would probably garner 2x-3x the share price. By year end the share price should be much higher and maybe 11B may be too high but 6-7 B would surely be needed. Lewis is a master at this game and has past experience from his former company. He will make sure if INSM is bought it will be for max value.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 1 Reply to jd39souza98
      • jd, I still believe the Merck/IDIX buyout sets the bar for smaller BIOs with promising drugs. That was for $3.85B for a promising Hepatitus C pipeline. But there are many "players" in that market - though quite lucrative. What makes Insmed unique is it really will have the ONLY approved NTM drug/market for a period of time. Many more indications beyond that. The "market" does not understand NTM and the seriousness or prevalence globally (growing). So, even if this week there was a serious buyout offer (or has been for awhile after BT granted), I would see it at $4B which would equate to almost $100.shr. The valuation of the indications and patients would drive that and as we progress, the price increases. S,o why would a big Pharma wait? We shall see but I expected a PR this week saying something about at least a partnership or the FDA/EMA discussions.

        Sentiment: Buy

11.33-0.030(-0.26%)Jul 28 4:00 PMEDT