its about interest rates. basically, the big funds are concerned that the Fed might have to start raising rates. When this happens the playbooks says sell REITs. This is a case of where the good gets thrown out with the bad cause of ETFs. I bought too and I am waiting for this selling to wash out so I can get more at a lower price. I say be patient, we have to watch that 200 day moving average at 62.19. a break below there could send it much lower.
i appreciate the explanation. so at this point it has bounced back off the near 200 day moving average and is on the way up a bit. if it were to fall below the 62.19 mark then that would be a wait and see to see how far it might drop before it levels out and a buy price might be established to cost average. thanks - i didn't think about the interest rate immediately - thanks for pointing out.