By the way, WHY IS NO ONE SAYING THAT TASR IS COMPETING WITH ANOTHER COMPANY FOR the LAPD CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!! This is straight out of this board's new headlines: "The Los Angeles Police Department's chief information officer, Maggie Goodrich, provided the update Tuesday to the Police Commission, the LAPD's civilian oversight board. Goodrich said the department will receive different styles of cameras on loan from two companies — Arizona-based Taser International Inc. and Coban Technologies Inc. of Houston. After 90 days, the department will recommend one type of camera and draft policies to govern its use." Can any of you guarantee that TASR will get the contract? And what would happen to the stock of TASR should Coban win? Wow, you are pulling the wool over the faces of unsuspecting buyers. Give them the FULL story when you post these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To answer your question, I think that there is now tremendous risk versus reward built into the stock whereby profit taking is and will continue to take place. Indeed, this is being to be realized in the stock price:
1. The news about the quarter is out and the stock has already had a big run. The PE is inflated, price to sales ratio is through the roof. Yes, these things matter!
2. The market itself is toppy/frothy right now, and therefore, there is built-in systemic risk for all stocks, and especially so for smaller companies like this. This is not to mention the potential for QE ending in the near-term.
3. The federal government and local government entities are being careful about new spending right now. Therefore, the big investments in new technologies are on the back burner for them.
4. This company had been a terrible market laggard for a decade. The insiders are probably chomping at the bit to see the light as it were.
5. The company has already announced slashing prices on some of its products...Not good.
6. It's end of year and folks will be matching profits and sales to remain tax neutral. And big winners will be sold in this process.
Have to disagree with you daisy, and your newest ID created today. Prices were cut to CAPTURE market share for EVIDENCE, which is RECURRING revenue, and their strategy is WORKING...proof is in the numbers. PE is low compared to growth projections, in my estimation and analysis.