Monster news out.. Fairholme invested 2.4 billion dollars for fnma and fmcc shares.
it means 1) fnma will be uplisted on nyse
2) the gov conservatorship will be end
3) fnma share price will see book value, currently 54 dollars per share.
load and lock
FairHolme purchased PERFERRED Shares, not common Shares - Big difference
#1-#3 are all Opinion
1) FNMA will not get relisted without filing an application and other financials, since the government is the major share holder, this isn't going to happen unless gov't wants it.
2) No signs are indicating Conservatorship is ending any time soon
3) $54 ??.....at it's all time high it was $89, shares were diluted 5x (from 9M to 5B shares), so the highest book value would be at $18......if the gov't decides to let FnF become private.
All Opinions like I said, and bad ones too as there's no basis for any support !!