�I have received more emails than I can count from people around the world who write to say that they wish they could be American citizens in order to have the privilege of voting for Ron Paul.� -Thomas E. Woods, Jr. from Having Fun Doing Good
Blogs in the international community are spreading Ron Paul�s message of freedom and giving tutorials on libertarianism, hoping to inform their fellow compatriots and to rally U.S. citizens in support of Ron Paul. The phenomenon is becoming widespread and growing as meet-up groups form around the world as far as Australia, Belgium, and Baghdad to discuss Ron Paul and create inspiring videos. This is what the world is saying about Ron Paul:
Ron Paul�s Foreign Policy
Can you imagine the the effect these kinds of politics would have on our [Latin American] countries, eternally paralyzed in the notion that everything that happens to us is the fault of the gringos? Chavez�s tantrums and his assassination paranoia would fall on completely deaf ears. One less tool in the recruitment arsenal of the [Venezuelan] left.
Belgians for Ron Paul
We want to be a bridge between Belgium and the Ron Paul campaign. Mainly to inform Belgium about Ron Paul�we think Belgium has more to learn from Ron Paul than Ron Paul from Belgium�but also to show to Ron Paul that when he becomes president and visits Belgium, there well be cheering crowds, not demonstrations!
Why is Ron Paul relevant to us in Belgium?
Undoubtedly, Ron Paul is an exemplary model for libertarians around the entire world and Europe in particular. Since the Second World War, Europe got stuck with an increasingly sweeping welfare state which cost more and more money to European states. Reagan and Thatcher also had their influence in Belgium, for example, think of the nickname of the then still young Guy Verhofstadt who was called �Baby Thatcher�. When both Thatcher and Reagan disappeared from the picture, Verhofstadt had also went with the European flow. He could, as it turns out, not pursue liberalism alone.
I just got an email alert from Le Metropole Cafe... it is a message from one of the more involved financial light warriors. The beast is headed for the exit:
Le Metropole Members,
Tonight from Adrian Douglas:
If Goldman Sachs visited the FED discount window they
were not as stupid as Bank of America to use it to buy
an equity stake in CountryWide (is there any equity
left to buy??). Nope, in the August 22 session on the
TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED 1,163 short contracts and
delivered us yet another gob-smacker by bringing their
net short position to a new record low of 14,542
contracts. Boy, at this rate they could be net long by
the end of next week! Considering the ex-Goldman Sachs
CEO huddled in a cigar-smoke filled room at the Treasury
Dept. with Bernanke and Dodds a couple of days ago, I
would expect they know that the fuse is lit. I wonder
if "London Gold Pool" came up in conversation at all!
Goldman Sachs has reduced their net short position by
a stunning 72% in just 3 months! I have a teeny-weeny
inkling they didn't do that because the gold price is
going to drop off a cliff some time soon.
As you always say we need to focus on the doughnut not
on the hole. When the Cartel can no longer hold back
the gold demand it will change very quickly. After all
two weeks ago we supposedly had a thriving commercial
paper market, this week we don't. This week we are told
gold is not a safe-haven investment, I personally wouldn't extrapolate that view to next week!
www.lemetropolecafe.com -- Subscription required - 2 week FREE trial subscription available at the link.
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT: RON PAUL SUPPORTERS IN BELGIUM
The Ron Paul Campaign As Seen From Belgium
With Interesting Analysis And Comments From thespinfactor.com
August 21, 2007
Ron Paul on NAFTA Superhighway
"The chief project thus far of the SPP is the so-called NAFTA superhighway which would connect Mexico, the United States and Canada, cutting a wide swath through the middle of Texas and up through Kansas City," warned Republican Congressman Ron Paul in a statement read at one of the morning news events in Ottawa yesterday.
"Millions would be displaced by this massive undertaking which would require the eminent domain actions [expropriations] on an unprecedented scale. ... A Spanish construction company, it is said, plans to build the highway and operate it as a toll road."
Globe and Mail, 8/21/07
Posted on August 21, 2007 at 09:17 AM | Permalink
51. He Tells It Like It Is. He Is Truthful.
52. He Reads.
53. As A Doctor, He Is Informed On The Healthcare Issue.
54. He Has Not Been Hannitized.
55. He Has The Courage To Speak Out Against What Is Wrong.
56. He Will Be Good For The Economy (Freedom Generally Is Good For The Economy).
57. He Wants Us Out Of The WTO And Like Organizations.
58. The I.R.S. Is Scared Of This Guy.
59. He Is Smart Enough To Prefer Gold Over Paper.
60. He Knows The Term FIAT-CURRENCY and knows what it means.
61. He Wants To Secure Our Borders.
62. He Favors Guarding Our Country Over Policing The World.
63. He Opposed The War In Iraq From The Beginning.
64. He Authorized The Hunt For Osama Bin Laden.
65. He Believes Local Governments Are Better Suited To Handle Their Own Issues.
66. He Is Willing To Listen And Reason With Others.
67. He Is A Christian Who Believes Christ Was Right When He Said,
"Blessed Are The Peacemakers".
68. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
69. He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
70. He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
71. He has never taken a government-paid junket.
72. He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
73. He voted against regulating the Internet.
74. He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
75. He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to
the U.S. treasury every year.
76. He Is Against Selective Service Registration.
77. He Is Against A Mandatory Draft.
78. He Is Still Not Married To Hillary.
79. He Has The Support Of The Youth.
80. His Campaign Has People Across The Country Motivated.
81. His Supporters Are Enthusiastic.
82. He Is Educated.
83. He Wants To Apply The Golden Rule In Government (How Radical).
84. He Believes in Freedom Of Speech.
85. He Believes In Individual Rights
86. He Believes Those Rights Come From Our Creator.
87. He Does Not "Move With The Herd".
88. He Has Delivered Over 4,000 Babies And Values Life.
89. He Doesn't Have To "Act The Part" Because He Is What He Is.
90. He Has Not Waffled On The Abortion Issue As Every Other
91. He Has Faced Tremendous Opposition With Dignity.
92. He Is Optimistic
93. He Values The Traditions That Have Kept Us Free.
94. He Understands That Monopolies Are Bad Things.
95. He Understands The Difference Between Individual And Government
96. He Understands Inflation Is Not Just The Prices Going Up, But
Rather The Value Of Money Going Down.
97. You Will Feel Good About Your Vote For A Change.
98. You Will Know You Have Done The Right Thing.
99. For The First Time In A Long Time, You Will Not Be Voting "For The Least Worst".
100. You Will Help Undo The Damage Done To Our Country Over The Last
101. He Is Our Last Hope For A Free Nation.