The NIST Report On The
World Trade Center Collapse
One Year Later -
Still Dead On Arrival
By Mark H. Gaffney
A note to the reader: In December 2006 Mark H. Gaffney posted a scathing critique of the US government's official report about the WTC collapse on 9/11. One year later, the case is stronger than ever.
* * *
In August 2002 the US Congress authorized the National Institute for Safety and Transportation (NIST) to investigate the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9/11. The official instruction was not limited to conducting a building performance study, as some have claimed. The primary stated objective of the investigation was to determine the cause of the collapseno less.
When NIST released its final report in September 2005, critics charged that the agency had ignored evidence of explosions in the towers. The agency responded by asserting its scientific laurels. NIST insisted that its "200 technical experts" had conducted "an extremely thorough investigation." NIST boasted that its staff "reviewed tens of thousands of documents, interviewed more than 1,000 people, reviewed 7,000 segments of video footage and 7,000 photographs, analyzed 236 pieces of steel from the wreckage, performed laboratory tests and sophisticated computer simulations," yet, found "no corroborating evidence for a controlled demolition." NIST also claimed that it had considered "a number of hypotheses for the collapse of the towers."
No doubt, many Americans were persuaded by this snow-job. Sad to say, few of our countrymen (or women) bother to read official reports, especially when they run to 10,000 pages. The persistent individuals who do, however, know that there are sound reasons to question all of the above; because a close reading of the NIST report shows that the agency assumed from the beginning that the Boeing 767 impacts and subsequent fires were responsible for the collapse of the twin towers. The report gives no consideration whatsoever to alternative hypotheses, including the possible use of explosives, the leading candidate. Far from exploring other scenarios, NIST simply took it for granted that the impacts set in motion a chain of events leading to a catastrophic structural failure. Working backwards, NIST scientists searched for evidence that supported their predetermined conclusion. Everything else was ignored or excluded. If it is not already evident to the reader, this is no way to conduct a scientific investigation. NIST then had the audacity to imply that it arrived at its favored collapse model through an exhaustive process of elimination. Most readers who merely browsed NIST's 2005 Executive Summary probably were not aware that NIST's stated conclusion was really an assumption. Consider this passage, for example:
"The tragic consequences of the September 11, 2001 attacks were directly attributable to the fact that terrorists flew large jet-fuel laden commercial airliners into the WTC towers. Buildings for use by the general population are not designed to withstand attacks of such severity; building codes do not require building designs to consider aircraft impact."
8. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL): A “Dishonorable Mention” last year, Senator Obama moves onto the “ten most wanted” list in 2007. In 2006, it was discovered that Obama was involved in a suspicious real estate deal with an indicted political fundraiser, Antoin “Tony” Rezko. In 2007, more reports surfaced of deeper and suspicious business and political connections It was reported that just two months after he joined the Senate, Obama purchased $50,000 worth of stock in speculative companies whose major investors were his biggest campaign contributors. One of the companies was a biotech concern that benefited from legislation Obama pushed just two weeks after the senator purchased $5,000 of the company’s shares. Obama was also nabbed conducting campaign business in his Senate office, a violation of federal law.
Obama was surprising but the Republicans aren’t going to bring it to the forefront of the news day. Obama is the easiest to beat, so they aren’t bashing him, much like how Democrats aren’t trying to bash Huckabee because he will be easily beaten. It is the Republicans alone who have blasted Huckabee these past few months.
Nonfat, Low-Fat Milk Linked to Cancer
Posted: 2008-01-02 21:46:27
Filed Under: Health News
NEW YORK (Jan. 2) - The amount of calcium and vitamin D in the diet appears to have little or no impact on the risk of prostate cancer, but the consumption of low-fat or nonfat milk may increase the risk of the malignancy, according to the results of two studies published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.
Dietary calcium and dairy products have been thought to increase the risk of prostate cancer by affecting vitamin D metabolism. Data from several prospective studies have supported an association, but many other studies have failed to establish a link.
GEE THE WAR ON CANCER IS ANOTHER FOREVER WAR!!!!
Cost of coitus: Male monkeys pay for sex
21 hours ago
PARIS (AFP) — Selling sex is said to be humankind's oldest profession but it may have deep evolutionary roots, according to a study into our primate cousins which found that male macaques pay for intercourse by using grooming as a currency.
Michael Gumert of Nanyang Technological University in Singapore made the discovery in a 20-month investigation into 50 long-tailed macaques in Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia, New Scientist reports on Saturday.
On average, females had sex 1.5 times per hour.
But this rate jumped to 3.5 times per hour immediately after the female had been groomed by a male -- and her partner of choice was likely to be the hunky monkey that did the grooming.
Market forces also acted on the value of the transaction.
If there were several females in the area, the cost of buying sex would drop dramatically -- a male could "buy" a female for just eight minutes of nit-picking.
But if there were no females around, he would have to groom for up to 16 minutes before sex was offered.
The work supports the theory that biological market forces can explain social behaviour, the British weekly says.
"There is a very well-known mix of economic and mating markets in the human species itself," said Ronald Noe of France's University of Strasbourg.
"There are many examples of rich old men getting young attractive ladies."
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
* This statement was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759) which was attributed to Franklin in the edition of 1812, but in a letter of September 27, 1760 to David Hume, he states that he published this book and denies that he wrote it, other than a few remarks that were credited to the Pennsylvania Assembly, in which he served. The phrase itself was first used in a letter from that Assembly dated November 11, 1755 to the Governor of Pennsylvania. An article on the origins of this statement here includes a scan that indicates the original typography of the 1759 document, which uses an archaic form of "s": "Thoſe who would give up Essential Liberty to purchaſe a little Temporary Safety, deſerve neither Liberty nor Safety." Researchers now believe that a fellow diplomat by the name of Richard Jackson is the primary author of the book. With the information thus far available the issue of authorship of the statement is not yet definitely resolved, but the evidence indicates it was very likely Franklin, who in the Poor Richard's Almanack of 1738 is known to have written a similar proverb: "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
In speaking of the One World Government.
The guy in your clip, uses the term "Peace and Security."
People are now concerned, for what they once laughed at.
With GOOD REASON!!!
Writing on the Wall.
1Thess 5:3 Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.
From: Gary Franchi
RTR National Director
(Gary Franchi took over from Aaron Russo when Aaron died)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ EVERYTHING THEN FORWARD AND POST.
Today, we launch our first in a series of methodically planned and targeted initiatives for 2008. Each month we will be launching a new assault on those that are taking away our rights and enslaving our great nation. Our offensive will not be waged with arms, but with truth!
This NEW year marks is the start of the second American Revolution. In the next few weeks, we launch the new RestoretheRepublic.com website which will take our patriot & activist efforts to a whole new level. 2008 is the year of RESULTS! This is a year that will go down in history like 1776. We are organized... we are prepared... and we are bent on protecting our liberty.
In preparation for this event, our affiliate Republic Magazine has stockpiled a reserve of 50,000 copies of Issue #3(Taking Back the Media) and Issue #4(America's Financial Collapse) to be used as tools to wake up the nation. And here's how we are going to do it:
First, think about your local area and consider how many "moderate-high traffic" businesses are there. These include, but are not limited to: car dealerships, mechanic shops, doctor's offices (including dentists-chiropractors-specialty medicine), hospitals, barbers & nail shops, tanning salons, privately owned restaurants & pizza shops, banks & cash advance offices, check cashers, message parlors, and virtually any place where people have to wait and that has magazines to read. These are our first targets to either drop off a single copy or a stack. Each issue will be seen and read by an exponential amount of people. This type of action will have a "viral" effect. We call this "Viral Activism" and it cannot be stopped once it has been started.
The Republic Magazine was created to add "credibility" to our message and package it in a form that would be widely accepted by all. Our goal this month is to get 50,000 magazines distributed by the end of January. If each copy is held and read by a minimum of 3 people, then we will have awoken 150,000 new Americans to the cause. We will keep an updated count of the total magazines distributed. The top 3 RTR activists that distribute the most will be featured in the upcoming issue of the magazine.
To kickstart this campaign, the Republic Magazine has a BONUS offer. They will MATCH the amount of each issue ordered until January 15th! That means you'll get double the copies for NO additional cost. That's only .50 cents a magazine, but you have to order by Jan 15th to get the bonus.
Click the link below and join us in the Second American Revolution!
"It will take America fifteen years of steady taking care
of our own business and letting everybody else's alone,
to get us back to where everybody speaks to us again."
-- Will Rogers
(1879-1935) American humorist
Thanks to the one who posted this first today!
Gold Surges to New All-Time Highs Above $850
January 02, a.m. (USAGOLD) — Gold has rocketed to new all-time highs on the back of higher oil prices. Oil has set a new record high as well and is zeroing in on $100 a barrel amid concerns about supply disruptions in Nigeria and speculation that tomorrow’s EIA crude oil report will show that inventories fell for the seventh consecutive week.
Additionally, the dollar has tumbled on much weaker than expected Dec ISM manufacturing data (47.7), offering further support for the yellow metal. Treasury yields have fallen as well with additional rate cuts by the Fed looking increasingly likely.
Instability in Pakistan, Nigeria, and Kenya, along with continued concerns about Iran have all played a role in the recent surge in gold.
• Like to see a widespread tax rebellion – people putting in phony claims for refunds, delaying filing, and so forth as we see dollar crashing, market declining and so forth with lack of government fix.
• Natural Disaster: We get high winds/damaging rains over wide enough area to feed another modelspace meme: Diaspora (population in forced relocation). Incredible tornado season with heavy rains or out of season hurricane, that kind of thing and a lack of government response.
• More of the same – but somewhere in here we get a temporal marker as a group of veterans takes over a national monument and the powersthat-be stand down because of the media coverage.
• Also in this period we see calls for an early election as the government response to the natural disaster earlier in the year will be judged a failure and the economy will be in full-scale slide now.
• Tensions build in cities, encounters scarcity (.e.g. food/fuel) are about
• The populace of the US impacted by a condition like post traumatic stress – about the best we can wrap our heads around it, it will be something like “time shocked” or “time stunned”
• Just as you wrap you head around one big change, another will come along bigger and harder to absorb
• Mood of the population improves: People have a renewed sense of optimism that the corporate/elite can and will be replaced in the elections and the ‘us against them’ grows
• Possibility that elections will be held early, but it could just be language around that meme
• Global emotional release event begins – largely economic.
• Think of the US economy as a lit fuse that is lit over the early part of 2008
• In late 2008 the rest of the world’s currencies are ‘touched off’ by the dollar and US decline.
• May be a global replay of what the 1932 bond crash in the Great Depression was.
Balance of 2008
• Bad gets worse
• Highest payoff hedges for most people today will likely be
– Debt reductions
– Getting in shape
– Having modest stores of food/clothing
– Agile mindset to adapt/cope with any change
– Fallback and backup plans – like relatives in another city/state – that kind of thing.
– Learning to think independently and get a vision of thye future before it arrives so you can move ahead of crowds and thus maintain your freedom of action
2009 Global Coastal Event
• The bigger things are in modelspace, the more lead time we get
• Collapse of the dollar has been in modelspace for 2 ½ years or so. Even longer has been Global Coastal event.
• Global Coast Event likely in early to mid 2009
• Permanent loss of low lying territory globally but one continent in particular get hit badly. We don’t know which one, but we hope it’s like a Greenland or some not heavily populated area. (*working on this now, but it’s at the limit of our software)
• Places to avoid: anything at sea level (Bangladesh/Florida/ etc).
More in tomorrow morning's regular update, which will be posted about 8 AM East Texas time, whenever that is where you are...