There is another reason for the decline in BCE price. Payouts for this quarter have been cut from the prior two quarter payouts at the same time profits and cash flow are up. This hurts long term investors who need and rely on consistent payouts. I am going to dump BCE as it has gone flat and my returns even with dividends have sunk to 0% over a two year period.
1. Over a two year period the stock is up. No idea how you could be flat with dividends.
2. Dividends (at least in Canadian dollars) is also increasing not declining. It is possible that with a strengthening USD the dividend in USD is lower but still pretty good.
3. Oligopoly market with strong brand recognition
4. Solid management team, meaning well run company
5. Better diversification then Rogers or Telus, less dependent on wireless then Rogers and Telus
Overall, a solid company paying good dividends. Not worried about this company. Good long term investment IMHO,