If ZLTQ acquires SLTM, it likely provides the following benefits:
1. It is accretive in a stock deal. ZLTQ has traded up significantly and the stock now trades at about 3x revenues.
2. They have redundancies that ZLTQ can eliminate in their distribution network, R&D, and senior management to deliver potentially significant cost savings.
3. It eliminates SLTM as their big competitor with Liposonix, and ZLTQ can increase their price point again rather than giving the product away.
4. It gives ZLTQ scale to be one of the winning players in this space.
5. It dramatically broadens their product portfolio and gives them leverage in the market rather than being a one trick pony.
Who knows, but if SLTM is going to someone, it is likely CYNO or ELOS but maybe ZLTQ makes more strategic sense and ZLTQ certainly has the currency and balance sheet to accomplish it.