% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Magal Security Systems Ltd. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • nasdaq_1000bust nasdaq_1000bust Aug 27, 2002 1:35 PM Flag

    i am still here MF

    Bombing Death of �Afaf Disuqi, April 5
    At about 3:15 p.m. on Friday, April 5, Israeli soldiers ordered Asmahan Abu Murad, aged twenty-four, to come with them to knock on the home of the neighboring Disuqi family. As she came outside, she saw a group of Israeli soldiers, including one who was holding a bomb with a lit fuse which he was attaching to the Disuqi home: �I went outside and saw one soldier with a bomb, the string was already lit. They told me, �Quickly, put your fingers in your ears.� All of the soldiers went away from the bomb, then one soldier threw the bomb and the others started shooting at the door.�
    Aisha Disuqi, the thirty-seven-year-old sister of fifty-two-year-old �Afaf Disuqi, explained how the latterher sister went to the door to check on the smoke and to open it for the soldiers, and was killed in the explosion that followed:
    We were inside in a room and saw some smoke. The soldiers were asking us to open the door. My sister �Afaf went to the door to open it, and while she was opening it, the bomb exploded. When the bomb exploded, we were all screaming, calling for an ambulance. The soldiers were laughing. We saw the right side of her face was destroyed, and the left side of her shoulder and arm was also wounded. She was killed that first moment.
    Asmahan Abu Murad, who was outside with the soldiers in front of the door, corroborated in a separate interview with Human Rights Watch that the soldiers were laughing after the killing of �Afaf Disuqi: �After the explosion, I heard her sisters scream for an ambulance. The soldiers were laughing. Then they told me to go back inside.� After the explosion, the soldiers did not enter the Disuqi home. They told Asmahan Abu Murad that she could go home, and the soldiers then left the scene. During the time of the incident, there was no active combat or firing in the neighborhood. The remorseless murder of �Afaf Disuqi, an unarmed civilian, constitutes a war crime.
    �Afaf Disuqi�s family took her body inside the home, and repeatedly tried to get an ambulance: �We had a mobile but could only receive incoming calls. Every time someone called, we asked for an ambulance, but it was prohibited [for the ambulances to move].� The body remained at the home from Friday until the next Thursday, when the family was able to move the body to the hospital.

    International Solidarity Movement
    July 17, 2002
    for immediate release


    [RAMALLAH] Over 150 Palestinians and locals came under
    live fire from the Israeli Army this afternoon in an
    attempt to break the house arrest that has been
    imposed on the whole city.

    At approximately 4:45pm the people singing, chanting
    and carrying signs saying �We will decide when we go
    home� and �Freedom� arrived at the city center, Al
    Manara circle. One hour past the time curfew was
    re-imposed jeeps and armoured personnel carriers
    swarmed towards the group from all surrounding access
    roads, and cutting them off from escape routes.
    Immediately international activists lay across the
    roads leading to the circle to protect the Palestinian
    civilians in the center.

    The Israeli soldiers reacted violently to this
    peaceful demonstration by opening fire with live
    ammunition, throwing concussion grenades and dragging
    internationals from the roads. Palestinian women and
    children were able to get out of the center and we
    have no injuries reported yet.

    Three internationals including one Scot and two Swedes
    were forced into an armoured personnel carrier and
    have been taken to an unknown location.

    Two Americans were forced onto their knees and
    handcuffed to each other and a pipe. Looking up at the
    soldier standing over them with an M16 they could see
    clearly stamped on the gun �Property of US

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Qalqilia, West Bank, Palestine -- July 26, 2002 Report

      The Israeli army has been occupying this town of 40,000 for over four
      months continuously. During that time, there has been a closure of the
      city and a 24-hour curfew (imprisonment in the home). The closure means
      that there is only one entrance to the city, with a checkpoint that is
      controlled by the Israeli army. The curfew means that no one is allowed to
      leave their homes, under penalty of death. Every few days, this curfew is
      lifted and people are allowed to leave their homes for a few hours. This
      curfew has made it absolutely impossible for anyone to work in their jobs
      or farm their fields during these four months. The entire life of the city
      had to come to an abrupt halt when the army invaded in April and began to
      occupy the town. Since then, no one has been able to conduct their
      business, and the population's entire focus has become how to get food for
      the next day. The army does not announce in advance when they will lift
      the curfew, and so it is impossible to plan in advance for anything.
      Everyone is huddled inside their homes, waiting for word that the curfew is
      lifted so that they can go outside. Tanks, armed personnel carriers,
      bulldozers and dozens of jeeps roll into town every day, and have managed
      to destroy the pavement of most of the streets, the curbs, and the shades
      over the sidewalks. They frighten the citizenry by shooting at them with
      M16s, bazookas and tanks. About 20 people have been killed by the army in
      this town since the April invasion, 60 cars have been flattened by tanks,
      30 homes have been completely destroyed by Israeli bombs or bulldozers, and
      hundreds of homes have been entered and their residents harassed and
      property damaged by Israeli soldiers. In contrast, during this same time
      period, six Israeli colonizers living on Palestinian land in the West Bank
      have been killed by Palestinians.

      Qalqilia is a farming town, with many residents dependent on agricultural
      production for their livelihood. The Israeli government has decided to
      build a wall completely surrounding the town, and construction of the wall
      is well on its way. Every day we see Israeli construction workers putting
      up another section of the 20-foot high cement wall. It looks a lot like
      the Berlin wall, but with an added component: guard towers, much like those
      you see in a prison. The towers are being installed every few hundred
      feet, to be staffed by Israeli soldiers (most of which are young men aged
      18-22) with surveillance equipment and guns. This will give the Israeli
      army the power to peer out over all parts of the city, viewing the inside
      of people's homes (including the bedrooms) and shoot at will. The one
      entrance to the city will be strictly controlled by the Israeli army, and
      the gate will be closed at the whim of the officers in charge.

      Construction of this wall will have many devastating effects on a town
      already suffering a great deal due to the occupation. Farmers will be
      forbidden from farming on their own land if it is located outside the city
      limits, workers will be unable to reach their jobs (both those who commute
      in to Qalqilia and those who live in the town and work outside of it). In
      essence, the prison-like conditions created by the curfew will be made
      concrete by the completion of the prison wall. The worst effects, however,
      will be environmental, as much of the water supply of the city comes from
      winter flows from the nearby mountains. This water will be dammed by the
      wall and flood huge amounts of farmland both in Israel and the West Bank.
      The effects of the damming of the water supply will include contamination
      with waste water (leading to diarrhea, dysentery, etc.). It will affect
      Israelis as well as Palestinians.

      Here are some recent incidents that reflect everyday occurrence

      • 1 Reply to nasdaq_1000bust
      • July 10 - Chukri Fayik Dawoud, 10 years old, was outside his family's home
        when he was shot by an Israeli soldier. Two other children were injured by
        bullets. The curfew was off at the time, which meant that people were free
        to be outside of their homes. The army gave no warning that they were
        going to attack, they simply rolled into town with tanks and armored
        vehicles and began to shoot. The army gave no explanation for killing this
        boy, who was the youngest child in a family of four children. His father
        had recently undergone heart surgery, and Chukri and his 14 year old
        brother were always helping their father in the shop he owned. Chukri was
        running an errand for his father when he was shot. His 13-year old sister
        saw him get killed.

        July 15 - The Israeli army launched an assault on a plastics factory that
        produced car seat covers and accessories in Qalqilia. 40 workers were
        inside the building when the assault began at 8:00 in the morning, as well
        as two families who lived in apartments above the factory. The Israeli
        soldiers threw fire bombs into the building, which immediately ignited the
        highly flammable materials in the factory. The soldiers gave no warning,
        and offered no reason for the assault. They surrounded the building, and
        refused to let the local fire department enter to put out the fire.
        Despite this fact, most of the workers and the families with their twelve
        children managed to escape. One man, Mahmoud Helal, was stuck on the
        second floor and burned to death. His friends and co-workers tried
        repeatedly to tell the soldiers he was trapped inside, and begging them to
        allow the firefighters inside to rescue him, but the soldiers refused.
        According to one friend of Mahmoud's, when he told a soldier that his
        friend was trapped inside, the soldier laughed and threw another firebomb
        inside the building, telling Mahmoud's friend, "I will kill you next".
        Mahmoud was 23 years old, and was working at the factory to save money for
        his university studies. His family was devastated by the loss, as his
        death was a particularly painful one ? and completely unexpected. He was a
        completely innocent man whose only crime was going to work on the day that
        the army decided to attack his factory. The army gave no explanation for
        the attack, which displaced two families from their homes, destroyed the
        jobs of 60 people and caused 2.5 million dollars worth of damage to the

        July 18 - Fathi Hassan Sweedan, 40 years old, was shot in the head while
        picking olives from an olive tree on his land in the village of Azoun near
        Qalqilia. The army gave no warning that they were going to shoot, and gave
        no explanation for the attack.

5.42+0.02(+0.37%)Aug 26 3:58 PMEDT