I really like Scott and have respect for his opinion but I could not open a position here as I just don't see a buyout or double digit price coming. There has been no substantial news or really anything to even move this stock the last couple days and only thing I can think of is the SA articles are moving the price so once things settle down I think it goes back to lower 7 range and stays there for quite some time.
y0.......go on to other stocks. Trius announced three weeks ago patent award for Tedizolid Phos. use in combination with Deptomycon and you don't think that is substantial? New use along with a billion dollar drug? Good luck on your investing...........
By saying 'quite some time' you mean what. A couple days. weeks, month. Your shortsightedness aside it appears you lack even a basic appreciation of the value proposition for this drug. Best of luck with your decisions, but frankly there are only but a few bio stocks with the same promise for the next 6 months. For me the timeline by end of year is a valid and appropriate lead time to capture enough shares here to make a difference, if as you say this does drop to 7 in the short term, this represents an opportunity to load up more as I have for the last few months in the 6s and 7s. By years end this is a 15 -20 dollar stock so a few pennies now is hardly a real measure of value.
When the dominoes are all lined up and waiting for the chain reaction to start, you will post shoulda, coulda, woulda.
If you ain't got skin in the game you can't prosper when the big money decides the time is right to scoop up all available shares. It just may happen before the news hits.