I have been in the fund for nearly 8 years. So I have generally had a pretty good ride on it. I used the dividends for other stock funds, vacation pay ( I am self employed ), and cash to pay down a building I own. I have sold nearly 80% of my position and am holding the rest ( at a loss) for the next 10-15 years. As I stated in several earlier posts I would look for a bottom and then start buying. The idea that this drops 1-2% everyday is astonishing, but the potential price to pick this up at could also be astonishing. Example 1. You buy at $4.00 get a great yield ( it's not really 9% plus...don't be fooled by that) of around 6-7 % and price appreciation of 50%. It will be at $4.00 in another 12 days at this rate.
Best Wishes to everyone....voice your disgust with Wall Street and the politicians in e-mails, letters and blogs..yes it does matter!
Hello! So you have sold 80% of your holdings in VWEHX. What makes you think that your remaining 20% for the next 15 years will be a loss instead of a gain. How can you crystal ball this scenario out to that length of time?
My knowledge about this material is practically nil.