Shoot, has a real busy day at the office and missed all the excitement.
Looks like I sold those trading share a little too soon. Still think we may see a slight drop back towards the $50 mark (maybe as soon as options expiration), then I'm back in again.
roadrunner...this is what I meant a while back when I said: if you trade JBL, you could be left with just the cone and the ice cream escapes... (and yes, get another broker...I just got assigned new one at Olde again. I'm a holder and not a trader there so they flip my account off to the new guys all the time. Anyway, he wasn't aware of JBL either. He immediately did some research and he is so impressed, now he calls me to tell me whenever it has good news or a run up. Yeah, like I haven't found out before him...but at least he's in there following what his clients are holding on to.)
Anyone see another split in JBL's near term future ( like around Mar again)?????? Not that I'm pushing, I'm just trying to get wealthier faster :)
to me how open interest in Oct 50 calls affects stock price. If I understand Ptop correctly, what he is saying is that due to the open interest in Oct 50's, and because they have become profitable, at some point they are going to be sold, thus driving down the stock price. Options are a derivative without a direct link to the equity, so I don't understand why the stock MUST go down if the call options are sold.