% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Compass Diversified Holdings Message Board

  • kenwewers kenwewers Mar 24, 2014 6:06 PM Flag

    Roth IRA

    Can I put CODI in my roth and not have to fool with the K-1 forms

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • UBIT - Unrelated Business Income Tax. If you hold CODI in a regular or ROTH IRA, you must pay the UBIT tax if you have more than $1000 in combined UBIT income in the tax year. So if you hold enough shares for the dividends to exceed $1000, then you must pay the tax. The Information and Instructions page, paragraph 7, explains this. Also on the back of the page, Graphic Guide, it shows where to report the kinds of income and where on the tax forms. Even a tax-exempt 'church' or other non-profit, must pay the tax, if their combined UBIT exceeds $1000. I own 500 shares of CODI, producing $720 in income, and no other partnership type stock, therefor I do not have to pay the tax. I would gladly buy more shares if it were not for the trouble, at this time, but I am considering buying more in the future, when my tax situation becomes more simplified.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

17.02-0.03(-0.18%)Jul 29 4:02 PMEDT