Do you guys think this is a temporary spike? This stock has been a rollercoaster the last couple weeks. Better to sell now and wait for another dip to buy, or hold out for a higher price? Opinions welcomed!
That is a decision only you should make. Personally, I am holding for the long term because I believe that it will be this year that Ebix finally breaks out. Shorts keep rehashing the same old #$%$ for three + years and nothing has come of it. If all that they say is true and the SEC has done nothing about it for three years then the SEC is either a useless agency or there is nothing to the allegations.
If you are uncertain, please sell. This stock has suffered from a fickle investor base more than anything...one that sells at the first sight of a baseless short attack from an unknown firm. For this stock to realize underlying value, it's going to take a buyout or a cleansing of the investor base...
I'm holding all shares, with no plans to sell anytime soon. It could down, of course, but the stock is attractively priced at the current level, and has lots of room for appreciation. So, why sell? Accumulating more shares on dips makes more sense to my "buy and hold" dinosaur brain.