HK Hot Stocks-Bank of China, Sino Land fall; SJM up
HONG KONG, Nov 9 (Reuters) - By 0234 GMT, the benchmark Hang Seng Index <.HSI> had fallen 0.7 percent to 24,791.38.
The China Enterprises Index <.HSCE> of top locally listed mainland companies was 0.9 percent lower.
Here are some stocks on the move:
* Bank of China Ltd <601988.SS> <3988.HK> fell 2.1 percent.
The lender is considering taking a stake in Portugal's third-largest listed bank Banco BPI or its Angolan operation BFA, a top Bank of China official said on Monday.
* SJM Holdings Ltd <0880.HK> rose 1.2 percent. Macau's largest casino operator said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose six-fold, lifted by its strong position in Asia's biggest gambling centre. [ID:nTOE6A706O]
Rival Sands China Ltd <1928.HK> was up 2.5 percent ahead of the release of its quarterly results later on Tuesday.
* Sino Land Co <0083.HK> dropped 6.5 percent after the developer said it was raising $663 million by selling 305 million shares at HK$16.85 each, representing a 7.82 percent discount to its closing price on Monday. [ID:nTOE6A800U]
* Pacific Plywood Holdings <0767.HK> rose 13.1 percent. The stock resumed trading on Tuesday after the company said that it realised a book gain of $20.3 million from selling its plywood businesses.
* Realgold Mining <0246.HK> was up 2.6 percent ahead of the release of its quarterly results later in the day and as gold prices hit record high.
(Reporting by Jun Ebias; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)