It's Interesting..... To read the Looksmart Chief Scientist's Linkedin profile...
Vincent Granville's Experience
Chief Scientist - LookSmart
Public Company; 11-50 employees; LOOK; Internet industry
April 2010 – Present (1 year 11 months)
Keyword and search analytics using machine learning and pattern recognition:
• Created the list of top commercial keywords that account for 85% of all advertising revenue on Google.
• Implemented and programmed the Google AdWords API to automatically find millions of new high value / high volume keywords for advertising campaigns (Perl, SOAP, XML)
• Taxonomy improvement.
• Click fraud detection (click jacking and Botnet detection).
• Web site scoring, with scores used to predict chances of conversion or sales, using hidden decision trees / Naïve Bayes and web crawling.
• Automated bidding for advertiser campaigns based either on keyword or category (run-of-site) bidding.
• Reverse engineering of keyword pricing algorithms in the context of pay-per-click arbitrage.
• Creation of multi-million bid keyword lists using extensive web crawling. Identification of metrics to measure the quality of each list (yield or coverage, volume, and keyword average financial value).
LookSmart is an online search advertising network solutions company that provides performance solutions for online search advertisers and online publishers.
LookSmart offers advertisers targeted, pay-per-click (PPC) search advertising and contextual search advertising via its Advertiser Networks; and an Ad Center platform for customizable private-label advertiser solutions for online publishers. LookSmart is based in San Francisco, California.