1) Roark Capital, Sentinel Capital Partners, Wingstop, MOD Pizza, Pieology, Blaze Pizza - All have a reason to be interested and all have easy access to the currency necessary to do the deal.
2) RAVE's CEO and CFO completely off the grid the last few weeks. I have personally tried to reach them through phone calls to their offices, their personal assistant,, email, and even twitter. I have confirmed with other large shareholders that they have had the same experience over the last 2-3 weeks.
3) RAVE stock is trading at multi year lows and the insider buying window was open while the stock was trading at $3.50 but there were no buyers despite the significant buys at much higher prices in other recent open windows. Could it be that insiders were restricted these last few weeks due to merger talks?
4) The space is ripe for consolidation. There are rapidly growing players on one end with valuations exceeding $100m who have great access to capital like, MOD Pizza through Perella Weinberg and Blaze through Lebron James and other high profile financiers of their growth and likely even Pieology/Panda Express, whose charismatic leader Carl Chang appears to be taking an early lead as the catalyst who will bring about this consolidation. RAVE offers two pizza chains for less than half the cost of one of these. At its current $40m market cap, you get a 100 unit Fast Casual Pizza chain (about the size of Pieology before its acquisition of Project Pie) and you get a 200 unit pizza buffet chain. $40m is about 1/3 the valuation of MOD Pizza and Blaze.
5) Carl Chang is on a roll - The founder and CEO of Pieology said last week after buying Project Pie that "we have both the experience and the strategic and financial support to begin merging the category in a calculated manner" and "The Project Pie purchase provides us with an opportunity to strategically accelerate our growth and we’re proud to make this first big move of hopefully many to come.” With