Just go to main Yahoo finance page and search for grz.v. then click on Conversations. If you're using a mobile device you will need to click on Request Desktop Site after you get the quote.
According to the most recent news release:
"... the parties state that they have been engaged in settlement discussions for several months and seek an extension of time to allow those discussions to continue. Such an extension would relieve the parties of the burden and expense of briefing the appeal, and the burden on the Court to decide it, should the parties reach a settlement agreement. "
It sure seems like we're very close It could be days or it could be months.
Based on the previous very short extensions of the MOU, both sides had to think they were nearing the finish line months ago.
Pursuant to Circuit Rule 28(e), Appellant Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (“Venezuela”) and Appellee Gold Reserve Inc. (“Gold Reserve”) jointly request that the Court extend the current briefing schedule in this appeal by 60 days. Under the current briefing schedule set by the Court on May 6, 2016, Venezuela’s brief is due on June 15, 2016, Gold Reserve’s brief is due on July 15, 2016, Venezuela’s reply brief is due on July 29, 2016, and final briefs are due on August 19, 2016. The parties respectfully request that all briefing deadlines be extended by 60 days. In support thereof, the parties state that they have been engaged in settlement discussions for several months and seek an extension of time to allow those discussions to continue. Such an extension would relieve the parties of the burden and expense of briefing the appeal, and the burden on the Court to decide it, should the parties reach a settlement agreement.
WHEREFORE, the parties respectfully request that the Court extend the briefing schedule by 60 days and grant such other and further relief as is just and proper
All good points. I guess if we receive the award in full, the company could disburse it over a period of time. While the company has said they intend to pay out essentially all the award to share holders, they didn't say how long it would take.
Assuming VZ pays GRZ the award, in full, would you like to get the full dividend all at once or would you like to see it paid out, say, quarterly? Getting it all at once sure would be nice, then it's behind us without any uncertainties.
Or would it be better for a structured payout? This would provide some stability for the stock price. Having potentially tens of millions of shares of an illiquid being being suddenly sold post-award could devastate the share price. Instead, any selling should be more orderly over a longer period of time.
It wouldn't be a surprise if Doug is pushing, or even insisting, that VZ's payment be done over a long period of time.
It wouldn't bother me if the share price dropped significantly. I would add more at the discounted price.
priester, we don't know the details of the deal. Doug has generally been quite shrew. It just depends on how many concessions he makes, which depends on how desperate (not the right adjective) he is to get this deal. On the other hand, VZ may be the more desperate party, willing to concede to inkthis deal.
Whatever happens, I believe one way or another, we will get the what we're due from the ICSID decision.
Shutting down trading for 3 days and counting is bull$hlT. What the news is at this point doesn't matter. No investor should be denied the right to buy or sell something they own for this long.
This news doesn't warrant a trading halt, IMO. If this is the reason, the company should simply say so instead of having an indefinite trading halt and a news blackout.
The deal should be signed or not. All or nothing.
PR wouldn't have to list all the details in the agreement - just that the agreement was signed, and add a few highlights of the deal.
The company knows there is news pending. They voluntarily halt trading for this news and don't release the news they have, regardless of what it is..
If this is merely another extension of the MOU, there shouldn't be another halt. Every company has news and they are not consistently halting trading.
VANCOUVER, June 21, 2016 /CNW/ - The following issues have been halted by IIROC:
Company: Gold Reserve Inc.
TSX-Venture Symbol: GRZ
Reason: At the Request of the Company Pending News
Halt Time (ET): 9:47 AM
It'll probably remain halted the rest of the day just like before.
The company has said the legal route will continue to be pursued while the JV deal is being discussed.
Imagine during all these months the holdup is the value of the mining data. You know VZ wants it for as little as possible. And imagine after perhaps months of negotiations they finally agree on a price. Then imagine VZ wanting to discount that price by 45% - GRZs portion of the JV.
You might be right. I hope you're right but there is no guarantee on the value of the mining data. There is only one potential buyer for that data so there is no real market for it.
Company press releases have never stated or even inferred its value. They only mentioned several times the price would be agreed upon later by both parties. That was intentionally vague.
I could see Doug potentially heavily discounting the value as a concession to get the agreement. I don't expect to get the several hundred million dollars that was spent acquiring that data.
Remember, too, that anything we willingly get from VZ will most likely be paid via loans which come after the deal is signed. As the company has said, there is no guarantee on getting financing. Then we're back to asset seizure.
Just trying to be realistic.
There were two block trades (350k and 375k in) that accounted for more than half of the day's volume for GDRZF.
Smart Money probably believes it's fairly valued here. My estimated award payout is realistically around $5 per share with a maximum of around $5.60.
For the stock price to be discounted from the award estimate is to be expected.
You're right kry4. I missed that. I would expect Doug to have reached out months ago to some big players for financing.
To have worked so long and hard on the mining and business side of this colossal deal while ignoring the financing side would be out of character.
I can't imagine that's not already done and in place. Everything hinges on that - GRZ's award and mining data, VZ's ability to construct a mine and VZ getting $2 billion in general funds to turn things around.
There should be some big players involved.