Your reasoning is off base. By acquiring Isight they now have the ability to see threats before they happen, not just after. They now can offer a complete package and more services. They are sitting on a $billion+ in cash, they put it to good use. How many companies did Apple or MSFT buy on the way up? Obviously the market likes the acquisition, FEYE is up 10% pre market.
I am not worried about FEYE. I am also not on margin so I can hold forever. I am a daytrader since the mid 90's. For the last few years I do more swing trading, holding for a bit but always taking a nice profit. However, I usually lose out on the bigger gains by doing so. So on FEYE, I think I will just hold it for 5-6 months, I think it can get back into the 40's and I have it at $20 avg price. Its a strong company, its growing and there is a big demand for its product. At current prices FEYE is very oversold.
I should have picked up more shares the last few days when it was around $38, I had a limit order in for $37.75 and CYBR never got there. I have mixed feeling about this upgrade, it is great for the shares I have but I wanted more sub $40. I doubt we see the $30's for awhile, but hey if we do then its just a great buying opportunity. And of course, there is always the chance CYBR gets acquired. I wonder what a buyout price would be?
Just went positive on my shares with the run up today. If IBM wants to offer $75 a share Im good with that. And even tho Cramer is a douche, in this case he is right. IBM needs to quit buying back shares, and start adding companies that will boost their revenue.
For at least the last two quarters CYBR has posted numbers that any traditional value and growth investor can only dream about. They have beat their numbers, raised guidance and increasingly are taking business away from others in the sector. There is NOTHING negative about this company.
And after another stellar earnings report we get a $10-12 drop in price. Ask yourself why? Who runs the markets...that's right....Wall St. B of A had a $80 target price, now comes out with a downgrade and a $48 price target. Makes me wonder just how good their analysts are if they are that far off on their homework. Either he is right the first time at $80 or he was almost 50% off when he now says it is $48. Cramer loved it in the $60's and now says its overvalued at $50. Cramer is nothing but a shill for Wall St. Years ago when he ran his own hedge fund he was a regular on CNBC in the morning. He would talk down a certain stock, slam it and tell people they didn't need to own it.....sell sell sell! At the same time he was short the stock in his hedge fund. Its a fact, two traders that used to work for him documented this. What he was doing is totally illegal.
So pardon me if I don't put too much credence into what Wall St says. Ive been trading for years using a level II system which lets you see the whole market, not just the top bid and ask. Its very interesting when a brokerage downgrades a stock and yet they are on the bid most of the day buying it up. IMO this hatchet job on CYBR is just a Wall St ploy to get cheap shares, get big clients in and possibly load up before they run it up or there is a buyout. Im long from here, bought a lot yesterday in the upper $39 and lower $40. And I will keep buying because this company has more long term prospects than any other I can find right now.
Extremely disappointing that it is acting this way this morning. I sold right at the open, I am a daytrader who does a lot of swing trading now. CYBR has been one of my best finds. I don't see how a company could put up better numbers and yet get semi slammed like this today. I got an average price of $51.36 this morning on the gap up, I was long from $46.44 average. Every time CYBR goes below $50 I start buying.
I just bought back in at $48.50 and will start the process all over again. I still think she goes higher, but it might take a bit longer than I thought. I was right about them having blow out numbers but wrong about the markets reaction. But I do know this for certain, those that are waiting for CYBR to get down to the $30 mark aint never gonna be owning any. Aint gonna happen.
PS, I had SHAK also for earnings but sold yesterday at $50.50 because while it is a low float stock that is heavily shorted, I was not sure how their numbers would be. They blew away estimates also and are higher this morning, but I wasn't going to take the chance of a gap down. I made decent money, now go figure a burger shack is performing better than CYBR this morning.
Yep, I agree with it all. FEYE is losing business and CYBR is gaining. Each Q sounds like this, they keep beating and raising, and beating again. This is the kind of stock you want to get in on the ground floor and hold for a few years.
As expected! Another record quarter, wait until the CEO actually starts talking, he knows how to say all the right things. Scam my #$%$!
CYBR reports after the close, they will have blow out numbers again. This CEO is a shareholders dream, he says all the right stuff on the CC. Earnings increased, revenue increased, raising guidance, taking work away from other vendors in the field.... I wish they could all be like him.
CYBR was up all day in a down market. It will run higher tomorrow on anticipation and short covering. After the bell and the blowout numbers it will gap tomorrow. Don't be stupid and be on the wrong side of a trade, especially a low float stock like CYBR. Tomorrow is going to be fun.
Yeah baby, just a preview of the carnage that awaits next week as CYBR heads towards earnings on Thursday. They will blow earnings numbers away again, and shorts will have to scramble to cover. Should be mid $50's by then, and who knows how high after earnings. No worries, still long from $46 something average.
up $3 as I type this, in just 25 minutes of trading. Something is going on, we all know SHAK is highly shorted. I wouldn't want to be short ANY super low float stock when the MO MO kicks in. Glad I bought it back two days ago, already rocking on profit and will hold for it to run back into the $50's at least.
This stock just keeps rolling up and down. So easy to play and make money on. Every time it dips below $50 I buy it, and wait for it to run back up. Last time was Aug 24th, bought it in the $42 range and sold it about 5 days later for $52 something. Played it again a few days later when it dipped to $47 and then $45 range. Sold it all a week later for $53. So now here we are again, market down and CYBR along with it. I picked up a lot of shares in the $47-48 range and will once again wait for at least $53. This is a great company that is growing big time, so its good to have just on fundamentals. Each time it gets knocked back, buy it and relax.
Yesterday you're all #$%$ and moaning.....today you're all doing cartwheels. All stocks go thru peaks and valleys. Bottom line, if you think CYBR is a dog then sell and go put your money elsewhere. Me, I'm long this company and not hesitating to buy more. Had a limit order in for $45 on Tuesday I believe, but it never hit my price. There are going to be down days....maybe even several. I know, what a concept!! And not every stock goes up on a day the Dow is up, usually but there are exceptions. CYBR is growing exponentially, taking a lot of business from others. It either keeps rocking up or gets bought out.
I posted this a couple hours ago, I guess the whole internet was wacked because of the heavy trading volume. This whole "meltdown" is no big deal, but look how many are panicked and posting that the end of the world is near. Get a life, we haven't had a correction in four years, this is a freakin blip on the radar screen. I managed to grab 1000 shares at the open at 42.58, it said executed and then when I looked 20-30 seconds later it did not show additional shares and my order was still "open". I hit refresh and then it showed executed for real. So my break even on CYBR is $51.20 and I don't have a care in the world. This stock will be back in the $60 range soon enough.
I tried to post but it doesn't show here. I grabbed 1000 shares at 42.80, at first it showed my buy. I looked about 20 seconds later and it did not reflect an increase in shares and still showed my order as open. I hit refresh and it had filled and everything was proper. My breakeven is 51.20 so no worries at all. CYBR will be back in the $60's soon enough
CYBR is a great company, but an even greater trading stock. Every time it dips into the mid $50's I load up. I sold all my shares yesterday at $60.25 only to see it run up well over $61. Thought I wasn't going to get a chance to get back in anytime soon. Thanks Mr. Market, loaded up again all thru the $55 and $56 range today. No worries, not on margin and I can wait it out. CYBR back over $60 is a no brainer, it will happen.