In my time I have worked with a lot of yes men and it seems they are the majority of the thumb pointers here. I feel that my position states a lot. If 1000 people owned the number of shares I do (even now) that it would account for the outstanding and the short shares combined. But question INO's lack of progress and the thumbs down pile on...
I don't mind the thumbs down, but how about some meaningful dialog. disagree then great.... why?
A few individuals do understand that dialog on the shortcomings prepares on better for a position in a company as compared to blind pumping. The few individuals that fit this category are priceless peers in my book and thanks to you all.
I have stood by my INO position and passed up other opportunities... Just gonna spread things around as my concentration in INO seems hard to justify at this time...
Even with the hype we had BP is not looking at INO as a threat. Given our completion of a 3100 in 2014... we still haven't a clue almost two years later when we will begin phase 3. We have raised cash multiple times for the testing though.
MIT has their RNA announcement this week for Zika. Sanofi signed an agreement with the army for a Zika vaccine. How long till they take the lead.
BP is beginning to look as if they could develop and surpass us given a bit more time... If anything hopefully our delivery devices/patents would be attractive enough to justify a purchase, but even at these low prices you can hear a pin drop.
We just met a number of events that I have been looking at as catalysts for the stock price, but as the price begins to move the shareholders take it in the shorts again.
I consider the ATM as the driver behind our current drop... I would like to hear any real (not 37 years of grilling mice) argunemts for other triggers...
The Zika to me was a validation of what we can do if we could deliver anything but additional new trials... we ever going to finish one? I don't consider the lack of new interest in Zika as the cause of our drop. Funding prior the stock was over $10 when they issued a closed offering at $8 which we quickly went below.
If I sound frustrated... then you got my position right!
Waiting for a bid.
just a few thousand shares, but my confidence in the market environment has me looking to be cautious.
INO is over weight in my portfolio so I will bring it back in line given it has fallen short of my expectations.
I will go more to cash in other issues as well.
Brexit, Italy, china and earnings approaching... I am choosing to risk opportunity more than capital. I will use more options than stock... I got 9.20 for the shares might sell the $9 puts for next week ... or the august $9 puts were getting 95 cents last trade. so get 9.20 and then sell the puts and get paid to buy them back... I could sell them deeper in the money a well capturing the upswing for a reduced premium.
I don't rule this out, I just don't see the potential for a meaningful response and certainly little hope of getting a message across. Whenever the stock price begins showing promise they raise money resulting in a 25% haircut time and again. This last ATM could be executed in leisure, they are not under the gun but the terms certainly favored the offering to be rushed.
I am thinking of a reduction in shares to 50K, I have other opportunities I am looking at and I would still consider 50K a considerable stake. I had thought I had made it through much of the waiting but the recent drop has me pondering... If the ATM is the reason, then fine. If this is the result of the interviews after announcing human trails then I am more concerned.
Please understand that holding even 50K shares is still a vote of confidence on my part... Funding news might be a catalyst... waiting impatiently (I know this is not in their control). This could just be a bit of venting on my part...
Good luck longs.
My inquiry was related to timelines they had stated and I only was looking for confirmation that they were still targeting the dates they had stated...
I got my answer when the date passed...
Somehow they missed that investing is forward looking and the stretch on the 37 years just defeats the meaning of the post...
My last questions to IR went unanswered and unacknowledged... Thanks for a response from a long... I certainly wasn't surprised by the short answer, but I am close to reducing my exposure.
Have you gotten any meaningful feedback from IR?
The only thing keeping me encouraged is the insider positions... The recent drop was overdone in my assessment but doesn't seem to be recovering as I had expected.
My expectations for INO included several milestones and to be honest my conviction is waning.
Phase II testing complete in 2014 and with an expectation of slow going, we have missed the mark by a mile on Phase 3.
plenty of cash in the coffers but every time the momentum begins, its time to raise money. The ATM could have been a vehicle for taking advantage of upswing opportunities but instead looks like it only really helped the shorts. Timing couldn't have been worse and like it or not the stock did well till that news hit...
The two year comment for zika, well the opportunity to make that clearly an approval issue was passed on.
Congress - well no excuse... I just thought some funding news would be hitting a few weeks back. Seems good news or bad this stock can't reward investors
really you think they'd have gone through the cash before government cash comes through?
please avoid cool-aid from strangers... you seem unable to think rationally if you think you will see results in July (2016)
I also appreciate information that I may not agree with. Having open eyes and discussing things we don't like help to bring perspective to our positions and management of them.
I haven't seen yours. Seems you never shut up, but have yet to say anything.
Alwayslong... thanks for stepping up... I will join you on placing this clown on ignore
I have been issued SAR options and RSU over the years and when they vest 40% of my shares are sold in the transaction. Also the vesting triggers a taxable event that anyone familiar with these vehicles knows requires taxes be paid on the value on execution. This means you can owe taxes on a position that is no longer worth what the basis was. Most option executions result in a total sale of the shares that result... it's just good business. You want to retain shares then buy them on the market.