I'm sure you're being sarcastic. However, I wonder if anybody actually follows dougstarkey's recommendation. My personal stockmarket crystal ball says BABA could pop either way next week.
However, the sooner BABA clears up their problems with the SEC and clean up their accounting practices, the sooner BABA will take-off.
You've got to be kidding me. BABA is still new to NYSE. GS is a pillar of the Establishment. It will take BABA close to forever before it reaches GS stature.
Well...if it's going to take forever for BABA to reach fair market value. I suppose that would be nice to know.
BABA is probably no more rigged than any other stock on NYSE. Possibly a better framework for analyzing BABA movement, maybe people don't trust the Chinese government. Maybe people don't believe that the BOD and company officers and auditors don't know about GAAP.
With regard to political turmoil in England, former Prime Minister Tony Blair says he wouldn't rule any possibilities out. I'm sure we all feel more confidant now.
Absolutely true...with David Camerson resigning as prime minister...England is now in political turmoil. And we all know that the market hates uncertainty...we could be seeing a major bear market around the corner.
This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Prime Minister Cameron was a strong advocate for the EU, with him out of the picture, it's likely that England will be first country to exit the EU...with other countries to follow.
Congrats, for Jun 24, 2016, I consider your above comment to be the most accurate. We are in the midst of a major correction. Very few of the Big Boys were adequately hedged for the Brexit. Apparently people didn't think the British would be so stubborn. Boy were they wrong. IMO 90% probability market correction will be further down. 10% we're on the rebound.
From now on, for BABA I have a new trading philosophy. Fade dougstarkey123. I should make a fortune.
Better yet, keep your mouth shut.
Totally agree, however, the problem is it appears that none of the Big Boys appear to be properly hedged for Brexit. People simply don't know where this market is going. So I may be short and counting my money, but I'm still worried about where this downturn will lead us.
Well...do you trust your eyes. BABA's price-volume says it all. Normally, bear raids occur only when there is low volume. When a bear raid occurs on high volume, BABA will head lower.
There are very few hedge fund managers I trust, but Jimmy Rogers is one of them. See YHOO headlines front page. If he says a bear market is coming, we are heading down... BABA is going down with the market.
If you haven't already done it, hedge your positions now. Hedging is a fancy word for using common sense. We could go much lower. If you don't know how to hedge, reduce your position, it's the next best trade.
If Jim Chanos was really smart...he would be covering right now. Most of the market was hedged for Brexit, the market will be turning up soon.
As far as I know, outside of bankruptcy, a stock has never gone to zero. BABA is well-capitalized so they will not file bankruptcy anytime soon. To some extent TA works simply because many of our institutions use the methodology.
So in this type of situation, the Big Boys would have hedged accordingly and the market should have reacted accordingly. But instead, we see a big drop. I'm starting to think nobody knows where this market is going.