if sold, all options for all employees are immediately exercisable. I was in a start up and they do that for incentive. Even if say 100,000 were to exercise in 2020, they become immediately available to sell if an offer is on the table and (accepted)
with the price and volume, you'd think a buyout is coming and someone knows it. VLO isn't up that much. Did you see the rumor and then it was squashed? I doubt it's on the wires as a bid and denial.
now that the rumor is dead, HFC can resume it's drop to 20. POS stock. Mgt - sell the company for $40 and be done with it. Obviously, you can't do sheet right
we've had good news lately. The question is why hasn't anyone made an offer yet? the last company that just went for like 3.5B had a drug that was like in phase 1 or so and didn't have much efficacy data. I think the had an epilepsy drug. Anyway, we knew under the last CEO, that he didn't advertise to the public that an offer was made until it leaked from some other source. Granted, inclusig is stuck at 200MM in sales at best for now and that's partnered out with Osaka. Some say Brig's market is 200MM and it's crowded so ARIA might get some but that's not a huge market (if you believe the posters). I would think that someone could pony up say 1.5 to 2.5B for ARIA and take them out and develop the drugs for other indications. Why hasn't it happened yet? Has PP kept the offers (if any) secret like the last CEO??? were there offers???? Have there been offers but the board wants 20 or more per share and the offers are like $15???? I'm amazed that nothing has been done yet with big pharma chewing at the bit to get drugs. others comments from serious, non-Chinese posters????
yeah, with the names and the Chinese junk, I don't know why I buy this stock and keep reading the boards hoping for substance. I saw the dip and someone wanted out with huge volume. It bounced back. I just wish someone would pony up 17.5 per share and be done with it so I can move on and get my money back.
I'll answer my own question with some info. If you look at the daily chart, the drop was on 527.7K shares (red line) and then there was a green line (491K) shares to push it up. So someone wanted out and someone bought them up a minute later.
cause I bought 10,000 shares at 8.05. I saw it at 8.20 and was patient. now I'm mad as all get out. 7.90's. #$%$??????????????
I'm not a short or paid poster. I lost last year in ARIA and made all the losses up in other stocks. I now have shares underwater but haven't sold yet and am holding for a BO. I bought and sold my $20 shares and finally made the loss up. Now I'm stuck in the 9's. and today's purchase
I wish. but with ponab at 180MM at best and they say brig at 200MM at best, we won't fetch much. If ARIA had something, this would have gone long time ago. I afraid us longs have to wait till a 3rd drug comes along. what sucks too is they gave about 50% of ponab away with partnerships. I think the market spoke today and they didn't like the plan at all. Why I bought 10K more today over 8 is beyond me.
if there was a buyout, it wouldn't be kept quiet. those shares for sale and others would have gone over $8 and maybe $9. There isn't a buyout in the works. I wish and bought more thinking so but after reading the plan today, we're stuck for a while.
maybe so and I agree with the no buyout. if aria was that good, and got offers and kept rejecting or keeping them quiet, we'd have a hostile offer news out there. Even BXLT didn't want to pay more than 2B and that's like 11 a share (which I'd take Monday and move on).
we won't see 8 for weeks or unless the market rises a lot. bio took a hit today. ARIA is saying slow as she goes and build like other large bios. Maybe in 20 years, we'll click 20.
don't think their drugs are worth that much to big pharma. they even say they are going after small, unmet cancer needs. I'm long and wishing double digits but I have a 6 month or longer wait. My shares at $9 are stuck for a long time.
here is another thought. if a BO was in the works (usually takes months for DD and negotiating), they wouldn't have scheduled an investors conference. I hear you will say "business as usual" till something is announced but I think we won't see a BO anytime soon. I still can't believe that it hit $9.50 on the news that the CEO would be on CNBC. I was out of the stock then and missed the ride as I sold in the low 8's but that happening wasn't worth 9.50. I was vindicated the next morning (Monday I think) as it hit 9.18 or so and then fell to the upper 8's.
we weren't the only one hit. ACHN took a dive too. Down 5% or so. JNJ has their big drug in trials and news was supposed to hit Feb-Mar and nothing yet in june. So, these things take time and big pharma will move slow as time is on their side.
frock you MS and your downgrade. Geez, where were you at 37 when I bought 5000 shares of this junk???