@Jim - I made note of than caveat in what I wrote. I think that's a last resort after Capital Markets, by which time I would have already been long gone and bet you would be also.
Phase progression on Z944 would put this stock over a buck almost overnight methinks. Here we sit pretty much flat lined at .68 for weeks. The market in general is bubbling, yet the price is fixed and by fixed I mean in it's current range. It's obvious, or should be by now, that if the long term holders and insiders wanted out due to a Z944 failure, they would have already done so. Plenty of time has passed. If Z944 was a failure, I'm sure Justin wouldn't have stated what he did above. I'm really not worried in the least.
Besides, as Justin had stated in this conference, they are excited about Z160 prospects and are focusing their burn on progressing that drug. I'm with them on this one. Regardless of Z944, I'm putting my money on Z160 and for anyone who considers themselves an investor, now is the time to buy.
I'm with you on this. Had Zalicus had an EPS I think an RS would be terrible. However since they don't and the price is all speculative, then it shouldn't matter to those that are investing in the company's future. Additionally, with the price above a dollar after and RS, this would open doors to folks to trade that can't at the moment due to policies they have to adhere to when trading stocks and increase volume.
Personally, I'd like to see the price stay where it is and they move to Capital markets and bank on a run-up on Z160 results between April and the end of the year.
I went back and listened again to Justin at the February CEO BIO & Investor conference. I wanted to quote what Justin had said about the possibility of an RS. To my 'surprise' it's not in the recorded record. There is phraseology that psychologically stuck in my mind a thought that left me with the impression that an RS is out of the question because of the logic of what posed, and I quote, "Before I take any questions, I will note that since the Fall our share price has been under pressure due to a clinical study setback, and so we are actively monitoring our share price. We are acutely aware of the challenges in place for several of our shareholders, but we know what it takes to be compliant with NASDAQ, we are aware of the rules, it's a well known path. Essentially we watch our stock price and know that should it continue to stay where it is. We meet all the criteria of the NASDAQ Global Listing except for our bid price, and so should it continue to stay under a dollar as a bid price until April we will seek NASDAQ's permission to be traded on the NASDAQ capital markets which is just a slightly low tier than the Global Markets, but in all cases we are seeking to preserve our trading price on NASDAQ. It's very important to us and we have every intention to remain on NASDAQ for the foreseeable future and do whatever it takes."
The logic here that led me to believe that an RS is not coming is simple. If an RS is all that is needed to remain on the Global markets, and if this was important to them, then they wouldn't entertain permission to enter the Capital markets and simply RS and not even bother explaining this.. Additionally, and most importantly, Justin said the following:
"but in all cases we are seeking to PRESERVE our trading price on NASDAQ"
Now, like a good executive, he ended before taking questions where sadly none were asked with:
"and do whatever it takes."
That's my takeway. Gives me more confidence in Z944 and supports my thoughts on why we're still waiting on results for this molecule. I think this 8k is a precursor to a partnership.
Let's just say for the sake of argument that tomorrow morning management announces that they will be living up to their word and trading shares on the NASDAQ Capital Market. This implies that they won't be going pink for at least another 6 months. Would you have wished you were in before that announcement? What information are we expecting in those next 6 months? What generally happens to share prices of a biotech before the expected information about a life changing molecule is released? Do you really think that by that time ZLCS will be under a dollar? Just asking.
So the market is roaring becaus the Fed prints money and companies hold on to their cash raising the bottom line and people can better plan around the sad mistake called Obamacare. So with all the excitement people pull their money out of their speculation holdings to find holdings in equities that are screaming during the run up. It's a market where you can't loose. We had one of these in 2008, but I digress.
Meanwhile, ZLCS stays flat. Why? No news, fear, whatever your reason. But somehow with all the people relocating and building the bubble, ZLCS continues to trade sideways in a clear range and the longer this happens the more time we get to buy at these unreasonable prices. Fine by me. I'm investing in Z160. So please. Continue to sell your shares. I'll be buying them up. In the end if I lose, I lose. If I win, well, either way you won't be hearing back from me after then.
The PPS has held up better than I would have otherwise given it credit after two days of serious premarket bear raids. Curious what tomorrow morning brings. I'm starting to get nervous myself but will hang in here for a bit longer. I have a feeling something good is going to come from Z994. Not sure where the advantage is for management to hold up bad news with where the PPS is now and them already conceeding to being listed on the capital market. They must be under NDA. I'm SPECULATING...
He was very clear, adamant actually, that a RS was not going to happen and that they will continue to trade on the NASDAQ capital market which would give the PPS another 6 months to return to compliance. What happens during that time? If you can take their word for it, the current PPS makes for a great entry point. So what's left in this stock are retail bag holders and retailers with the chops to take on this high risk high reward. There's 15 mil shared held by institution. Gauge that as you will.