Schwartz is peddling Ahn's dumpster junk to saps -
"Dreadful, scandal-plagued, bio-dreck Galena Biopharma released results from their Phase 2 study of GALE-401 aka Anagrelide CR. This is a new “Controlled Release” formulation of an existing generic drug, Anagrelide. Anagrelide is used to lower a patient’s platelet count.
We can compare the recent GALE-401 study, with an older study of generic Anagrelide of comparable size. Back in 1992, a study of regular anagrelide was conducted on 19 evaluable patients.
According to Galena:
The Phase 2 study demonstrated that GALE-401 was well tolerated with primarily Grade 1 and 2 toxicities in 16 of the 18 subjects
16 out of 18 subjects (89%) reported “toxicities” aka adverse events, aka side-effects.
In the 1992 study, only 8 out of 19 patients (42%) reported adverse events. The regular formulation causes fewer than half as many adverse events as Galena’s supposedly improved version. GALE-401 fails on safety.
Is there a difference in efficacy, favoring GALE-401? Let’s see.
In Galena’s study of 18 patients, results showed:
Complete Responses in 7 out of 18 patients, a CR rate of 39%. Partial responses in 7 out of 18 patients, a PR rate of 39%, leading to a combined ORR (Overall Response Rate) of 78% (14/18).
How does this compare to generic Anagrelide? The study from 1992 showed complete responses in 13 out of 19 patients, for a CR rate of 68%. Partial responses in 3 out of 19 patients, a PR rate of 16%, leading to a combined ORR of 84%.
While the ORRs are close, generic Anagrelide is still superior. And comparing CRs, which is obviously the most important measure, generic Anagrelide outperforms GALE-401 by an astounding 174%. Cheap, generic, Anagrelide provides nearly double the rate of complete responses as Galena’s lame CR formulation.
The entire American market for Anagrelide in 2014 was barely $100mm. A prescription for generic Anagrelide can be purchased for about $25.00/month."
HENCE THE INSIDERS BAILED!!!
Do tell, jimmy.
and other biotechs which saw their lead drugs go down in flames.
See ya at $0.12 real soon.
with someone slse's drug that does - while the dirt bags collect excessive compensation.
and low cost generics. Ask Schwartz to write-off the junk..
Mills unloaded it for $5M for a reason.
After taking a dump earlier.
Nobody wants to invest with slimey dirt bags.
REVERSE SPLIT to be announced soon.