you're watching arbitrage traders buying and selling to adjust share price so it tracks VIX futures and trying to read some sort of superstitious prediction into it.
There are no TVIX longs (besides a few fools on this board) to hold or sell, and TVIX movement isn't directly related to the market anyhow.
1) TVIX doesn't track the market or the VIX precisely.
2) TVIX tracks S&P VIX futures, and they are flat now yet TVIX is down about 2.5% ~ but that's probably cuz we are near front month
3) Contango erosian is highest i've ever seen; at this rate you will lose 30% in a month even if VIX futures finish flat.
4) Greenspan does not control TVIX. Arbitrage traders do.
5) Read the prospectus: CS warns in BOLD font that if you hold TVIX long enough you will lose all or most of your money.
6) If you can't read, just look at the chart. Since 2011 TVIX has shed 99.999% of its share value and will continue to do that because it is mathematically designed to retrace to zero, over and over again.
You're in the wrong place my friend.
Whole new set of Stage One recruits today. TVIX is at its 288-week low, and who can resist a buying op like that? As for those Stage Two and Thees who have moved on. well it's not like we didn't warn you... Alright bring on the red noob red thumbs and let the red meat cycle renew itself. Watching these guys come and go month after year is a bit like watching the seasons turn, and it makes me feel damned poetic tonight.
If S&P collapses, TVIX will likely get delisted. That will prolly happen eventually either way. i mean look at the chart. No other equity can do this -- 99.999% share price erosion -- and get away with it. Sooner or later some regulator will have to whisper "scam"... discreetly of course, so as not to arouse public outcry: "Why did you wait so long?"
it's often a perfect time to buy if your if you're looking for the 5-yr TVIX low. And if you happen to miss the all-time low today, rest assured there will be another one soon enough. .
For TVIX it's actually the 287-week (5.5-yr) low today. You can't beat that for a "BUY" signal.
You gotta hand it to Hillary though: she's a quick study in political sidestepping.
"Turn over the emails," says FBI.
"OK," says Hillary. "But not all of them -- not the personal ones."
"We'll decide what's personal and what's not," says FBI.
"Too late," says Hillary. "All the personal emails have been wiped off the server already."
BTW he never inhaled and she never swallowed.
Speaking of Wall St, aren't Wall Street speaking gigs part of the maze of corruption innuendo already surrounding Hillary? And it was Bernie who dredged up all that stuff (not the GOP), and he was just wondering whether any of those Clinton Foundation speeches had anything to do with State Department biz and what was in it for GS.
Wait a minute... twice in a day! Must be a wet hole in the double bottom paper bag. Where are berchik, jwetchy, clearwater. I need guidance. is this a new new new... new buying opportunity?
hedging. i bought a snow blower in prep for the nuclear winter.
I think Anthony Weiner should run for President with his wife Huma Abedin as a running mate. Or alternatively, perhaps Hillary should choose Huma as her running mate so as to eliminate any confusion as to who's making all the important decisions.
This here TVIX brudder. Every day above $2 is a blessing from heaven. Enjoy the moment.