I added a thousand shares at the start of the month. Thursday afternoon I was talking to a friend about possibly selling them as I was up 10% on those new shares. Instead of selling I put a stop loss at what would have been about a 5% gain as I don't usually see the stock dropped $0.75 in a day. The next day it did exactly that.
I can not access the message boards from my PC and haven't been able to do so for days.I can see them on my phone but when I log in on my PC the Yahoo Finance format is completely new and there is no way to access the message boards.
Sold premarket yesterday for a small gain and missed the big run up today. Bought again today at 1:30 and the stock promptly went down $3.00. It recovered some. :( Im a little annoyed with myself
I hope your right. I sold premarket yesterday and missed a 10% rally. The last couple days it seems to pop then decline slowly mid day then pop the next morning. I just bought back in. It went down slightly. I'm hoping it goes up near the end of the day or tomorrow morning.
I have 2000 shares. Half of them are up 10%. Another 500 shares are up 3-4%. The remaining 500 are so underwater that I'm still down 19% or $6700
I just realized from the June 6th when I considered buying at $33.75 to today's high $42.75 is a $9 move.I could s. position in Fitbit (FIT) and this would make up the loss plus $2000. That's assuming I sold everything today. (75% of my FIT position is profitable - some just barely the remaining 25% is deep underwater)
I considered buying a thousand shares June 6th when the stock was it 33.75. I didn't do it in the stock range of 37.93. I bought the next day at 38.60 after hours planning to sell at $39 only to watch it fall into the 35s. I sold this morning for 38.40 premarket and went to a job interview. Checked right before and it was $40 checked after the interview and it was even higher. Glad I made money but man this last week could have been so much more profitable
That's complete greek to me. I assume since short interest in FIT spiked that people expect FIT to fall
We went up Friday on higher than normal volume. Is there a way to look at volume the last several days? Going up on higher than average volume would be a good sign- doing so several days in a row would be better.
I set a stop at $35. I hope it wont trigger but we'll see. I was watching TWLO the morning of June 6th, I thought about buying but didnt. If I had - and held on till today instead of selling at the end of the day. I'd still be up solidly. Kicking myself repeatedly for that. Bought in the next day and lost money instead.
I scrrewed up twice.... I screwed up by not buying June 6th at $33.75. I screwed up again by buying at $38.60 (I had set a sell at $39- I was expecting the run to continue a little bit longer but not much longer). I bought this to trade hoping to make a quick buck. Once I get back to break even or close- I'm gonna keep a few shares but most of this was for trading.
I hope it rallies.....I looked at buying July 6 and bought something else then bought TWLO yesterday morning in pre-market. I think these guys have a good money making idea but man did I #$%$ that up. Would have made 12-15% Wednesdsay (I was looking at it at $33.75) but instead of making money I've lost about $3/share since yesterday morning.
I bought more June 6. I was going to buy around 12.10 then it spiked. I was also looking at TWLO again at 33.75. I bought FIT at 12.50 instead and then bought TWLO at 38.60 again just like last week. FIT turned out okay but I'm kicking myself for not buying TWLO at 33.75 selling at close and then buying FIT
I bought FIT yesterday and TWLO today. I was considering buying TWLO yesterday. Had I done so the gain would have effectively recovered 1/2-2/3 of my FIT losses. The added 50c gain in FIT today would have put a serious dent in the remaining loss. I probably would have stopped trading entirely had I gotten that 12-15% run (I was looking at buying TWLO at 33.75).
Now I've basically given back the gains I made last week on an overnight buy of TWLO at the same price. It went from 38.6 to 41 and I was able to get out at 40.50 or so for a nice profit of $2.25. Today I cost myself almost exactly that much as I bought in premarket at $38.59. I set a sell at $39.00 so if it had continued up at all it probably would have sold but apparently I bought at the high for the day.