% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Occidental Petroleum Corporation Message Board

ericdexterus 25 posts  |  Last Activity: Jun 29, 2016 9:59 PM Member since: Jul 21, 2009
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Hmmmm, still no divvy announcement

    by dragon.slipper Jun 26, 2016 9:31 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 29, 2016 9:59 PM Flag

    I would like to mention that there was some mention of default where some of the bond holders would try to make a deal (not because of money but tek default) and there is a good chance of buying debt on the market cheap... two good options... not sure what bam is doing with this but the options are not free by any means.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    stock price

    by retiredlightning1 Jun 21, 2016 5:22 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 29, 2016 5:15 AM Flag

    I could be ok with a share merger into altera but I like it this way just as well.... I would be unsatisfied with a cash merger or with many of the other companies out there.. Most likely the next move is up with a catalyst on the upside announced.

  • Reply to

    Brexit & KKR

    by farrichetihanu Jun 28, 2016 12:01 AM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 28, 2016 6:05 AM Flag

    whats the difference between book value and nav... I was sorta looking for a value that did not include managing the funds.... If you can get management for free then you have a great deal.

  • Reply to

    stock price

    by retiredlightning1 Jun 21, 2016 5:22 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 27, 2016 11:04 PM Flag

    I have around 4000 shares that I bought when everyone panicked when their catalyst went away... I don't realy have a target price or the resources that you have but before I bought this one I traded ora for several years and I will tell you buy when others start to dislike it (unless something permanent is wrong). I have to admit that I lost some money on ram power though. my price is 45 cents (going from memory it went from a dollar to less than 50 cents). You have a lot of incremental stuff and signs of good management but you need to see a major project for the price to take off. From the tone of your article you feel it is a tug of war between the short and the long stock holders but if longs sell there is a good chance that I am the buyer. I haven't looked at it lately but altera may be another stock you find interesting as well as rampf (now Polaris)

  • Reply to


    by hiker200055 Jun 14, 2016 5:33 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 23, 2016 6:10 AM Flag

    whats the book value..... I just bought icg enterprise and I see that kkr has went down from the 20's so it may be real good right here...

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus Jun 21, 2016 5:34 AM Flag

    kkr is a trust not a ric.... From a contrarian standpoint you have to like that sales pitch... It may be the wrong part of the buisness cycle but I have taken alot of the cash out of my position over time.... In other countries (britten) I can buy the buyout funds directly (gpe I think) so some of the assets could be managed from other countries if the rules changed... I just purchased at 75 pence on the pound in a weak currency and I could be intrested in some kkr at this point..

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus May 17, 2016 4:58 AM Flag

    I would think you would hold indefinitely if you could afford it... I have been putting up some money for a nsam put.. I will be paying in the 11's most likely unless there is some news about the merger. I think I would rather buy shares of ivanhoe though with the cash.

  • Reply to

    Is a Real Merger Even Possible?

    by moe3355 May 13, 2016 9:39 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus May 14, 2016 2:19 PM Flag

    I think the theory is that having management and the real estate back together will make it trade higher and also dilute some of the unpopular assets of clny most likely the single family homes while reducing some of the expenses a bit after the merger.

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus May 14, 2016 2:17 PM Flag

    The last thing I want to see is an at they money deal using bellow nav currency at market price is a big no no,.

  • Reply to

    "based upon historical prices "

    by davedd52 May 8, 2016 1:24 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus May 9, 2016 5:45 AM Flag

    I would think it means that the price is being negotiated.

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus May 9, 2016 5:36 AM Flag

    looks like $25 / stock price plus 5.2 according to what I see it isn't an attractive offer.

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus May 9, 2016 5:25 AM Flag

    nrf is listed also as a target in a three way merger... I was glancing at the preferred d's and I see that they have to offer shares but I think there is some kind of discount. I was thinking it ment 5% of the stock price but I should proably look at that again since it said the formula is in more detail later. They cannot however offer to buy the d's because they have not reached thier call date but they could on the open market (and they may have been doing so since I am up $7 in less than three months)

  • I am going to guess just eyeballing it that 10% will be in single family housing after the merger and that the amount of the lending portfolio will be much bigger. I don't think nsam is a reit so there may be limits to what they can earn doing certain other activities. The warehouse portfolio looks good and they are increasing the management fee part by expanding the portfolio and selling shares to third parties.

  • Reply to

    Can preferredsd be redeemed?

    by tony27719 May 6, 2016 8:13 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus May 6, 2016 11:22 PM Flag

    The perfered d's say they can be converted into shares at par.

    the quotient obtained by dividing (i) the sum of the $25.00 liquidation preference per share of the Series D Preferred Stock plus the amount of any accrued and unpaid dividends thereon to, but not including, the Change of Control Conversion Date (unless the Change of Control Conversion Date is after a dividend payment record date (as defined herein) and prior to the corresponding dividend payment date (as defined herein), in which case no additional amount for such accrued and unpaid dividends will be included in this sum) by (ii) the Common Stock Price (as defined below); and

    •5.2966, subject to certain adjustments as described below;

  • ericdexterus ericdexterus May 6, 2016 11:11 PM Flag

    nsam is trading at under 9 times forward earning according to yahoo and it is growing quickly. I would have to see the offer but I am leaning towards being not very thrilled but we will have to see what the price is and do more research colony. Supply and demand is much different than mismanagement and I would refer to what is going on as a half price sale.

  • Reply to

    Take Over Report

    by watertowner62 May 6, 2016 4:25 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus May 6, 2016 11:05 PM Flag

    I read something about a threeway merger between colony, nsam and nrf. The merger would be all stock according to the report. I am not sure that I care for the single family home part of the buisness and I would like to know how the shares are going to be priced.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to


    by dasamaru40 Apr 6, 2016 1:33 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Apr 30, 2016 8:02 PM Flag

    you should use utube and lookup sprott they have great etf's also.

  • Reply to

    Thoughts on HTM...

    by ballman6711 Apr 29, 2016 5:43 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Apr 30, 2016 6:54 PM Flag

    They did say they were going to remain a public company that what was the alternative options thing was about. It is possible that the california plant announcement could be seen as a catalyst so if there is disappointment that might be a good time to buy shares again. At some point I believe it is going online because of the new requirements in california.. Gold is moving pretty good right now but I always keep watching geothermal out of the corner of my eyes and I am thankful I was able to buy shares under 50 cents a share. polaris looks like it is a good idea right now but it could get cheaper because alot of bond holders ended up being shareholders.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Target quarter for projects?

    by scott.martin0316 Apr 27, 2016 12:35 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Apr 29, 2016 9:16 PM Flag

    maybe I am annoying but you may have an announcement that a project in california will proceed, they had gave a target date that they would like to have an answer and the holes are already drilled but I don't think a delay in that would doom the project. the trouble with looking for a catalyst is that you may not get any warning and they have proven that they are skilled in management. These projects have the possibility of solar because peak energy is at night. I would guess they would be at $1.50 if there is a close timeline on a project, I was trading ora for quite some time and I still suggest taking the contrarian view and buying on bad news and not the mining view where you are looking for the catalyst.

  • Reply to

    Target quarter for projects?

    by scott.martin0316 Apr 27, 2016 12:35 PM
    ericdexterus ericdexterus Apr 28, 2016 6:12 AM Flag

    your catalyst could be there is a catalyst in the future and when the storm hits, the drill breaks exc because life is full of disappointments you know that they will have another plant someday just not when.

74.10-0.41(-0.55%)Oct 20 4:02 PMEDT