Sold today after picking up a few years back at 15. With the 200sma being busted in the stock and market and with a raise in the capital gains tax next year seemed prudent to cash out.
I'll be back next year to pick up again - thinking somewhere in the 60 range. Good luck folks!
They just might if capital gain and dividend taxes are raised next year and it looks as if they will. This is the number 1 reason not to be in stocks right now.
In at 30 will be out tomorrow morning with a nice double over a couple years. This was one heck of a ride, but worried about the valuation in a declining market and might as well not risk losing profit and paying more taxes next year. If anyone can make a serious case that that we might see 70+ before year end, let me know, but I'm thinking this stock is about tapped out.
Probably look to get back in at around 40 next year. Good luck all!
Investing or betting? What's the difference? It's all a crap shoot on wall street these days. Just saying to optimize your chances for success and wait for the prices you want to pay.
No, trust me on this. Wait for this to play out. I could have chased this with everyone else in 07 at 200, but waited for a pull back and loaded the boat at 80. I sold a little early at 650, but seems like a good call right now.
Picked this up at 28 a couple years ago, can't ask for more. Might try again if we see mid 50s this time. Getting some organic steak at Whole Foods for dinner! Good luck all!
What can go wrong? This thing goes up faster than an internet stock in 1999!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I sold too at 665 and don't regret locking in a 500% long term capital gain. No reason to feel the need to chase the last dollar in this stock. It's amazing this stock has managed to move a bit higher, but you have to think it's top is in or close.
I too wonder in amazement how SHW has traded so high. I had been a long term holder as I love the company and the management is excellent. I just hate the stock price right now.
I sold as it ran over 100 thinking this move was excessive and the stock was decoupling from the fundamentals. I guess I sold to early, but I never would have expected a traditional stock like this to go parabolic. I am waiting for the shares to pull back to the historical trend line that would put this at a buy at around 80 dollars. Good luck and I think it will be prudent to wait on SHW. I think next year may present a buying opportunity again.
Maybe guys, I hope you get lucky as I have been. I did double my profits by waiting for a pullback in AAPL back in 08 so sometimes it can pay to wait for a stock to come to you instead of buying tops. Anyway, feels good to finally have this profit booked!
Hey guys, what a ride it's been! In from 80 to 665 so AAPL has been a great stock. Just don't see risking these gains when the market could tank and take AAPL with it. Also starting to think that chances for 700 are slim and 1000 would be the highest it could even go so that's really not compelling enough to risk the gains. Apple might make more sense if in pulled back to around 400 so I will look for that. Good luck all!
I would guess Apple will find support at 540 if the markets panic over no QE3 and failure from the ECB to take unprecedented action. Very dangerous week to be in the stock market and especially AAPL with the recent weak report.
I have to agree at this point and I cashed out today as a long term shareholder. The recent quarter was the worst quarter I have seen in years for Apple. I am also very concerned about Samsung having a stronger legal position in the patent case. In any event, it's been a great ride from 80 dollars a shares and I might look to buy back half my shares in the low 400s if the fundamentals can hold up.
Good luck to all!
Not only are we going to lose the patent case, but now we are going to owe them royalties! Why did they bring this to trial??! I'm out guys, too bad as a long term holder about to get my first dividend, but better take the money and run at this point.
I think an up or down open will be dependant on market conditions. I would not hedge a positive open on Tuesday because any pop will likely only last for 15 minutes or so. Besides, why hedge if it's going back to 100? I think filling the gap at 103 is a given. I don't think the outlook for this stock can justify any miricle upside run past these levels.
I suggest you check the facts before you make such assumptions about pricelinemortgages.com. The fact is that they are indeed a 49% partner in this venture with Everbank. Originally, this relationship was a royalty arrangement, but this changed when Priceline decided to take the 49% equity stake in the joint venture a few years back.
The situation you describe as pricelinemortgages.com being a 3rd party loan originator is directly contradicted by statements made public by Everbank. Read it for yourself:
pricelinemortgage is a mortgage production joint venture between Priceline.com and EverBank. A production operation fully private-labeled and managed by EverBank for Priceline.com, pricelinemortgage is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, and operates nationally as an Internet mortgage and home equity loan/line originator. pricelinemortgage has been featured in the Wall Street Journal and on Forbes' Best of the Web list. pricelinemortgage has closed loans in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia. pricelinemortgage is an operating subsidiary of a Federal Savings Bank and is an Equal Housing Lender.<
So if you have some facts to back up your assumptions lets hear them, if not, I'm not about to take seriously your uninformed rantings about this issue.