"If you are holding 275000 shares of Exel and now have 2 M profit on paper, would you unload portion of your positions and secure part of profit? Or you will ride all the way till takeover event?"
I would like to be in the position to make that choice, currently I hold over $800K in Exel, most in options and majority in profit, so it may come to that. But we stray from the original statement "Never" being the key word.
"There is a difference between selling all your shares at one point to take a profit, and selling a portion to lock in some gains and as a protection against unexpected news/fluctuations"
That's true DrV, providing the gains were worth the risk.
I would never take a 5/2 bet either. Good Luck
"It's never wrong to take a profit"
I totally disagree, it's all about risk vs reward, I bought FB at $20, I could have sold at $22. would my reward have justified my risk? Instead I waited until It was above $100, sold the shares and bought a lesser amount of options.
I see Exel in a somewhat de risked position with potential upside much greater than downside at this point.
Judging from the stock movement it's a good thing he didn't find anything bad to say about Exel. I'm surprised that anyone would be selling here with so many potential catalysts close at hand.
"Management is.....Laughing at ubs in the office today"
They will be laughing all the way to the unemployment office soon. What else does Starboard need to oust this management and sell the company. I'm holding out for the sale!
As Juno deaths halt Cart-T trial Juno took a heavy hit AH, also other Cart-T companies are being hit. The IBB was down over one percent AH and this may put a downer on biotech tomorrow, I guess we will see how de-coupled we are from the IBB.
This is a sad situation for cancer research, hopefully Juno can tweak their approach to prevent brain swelling and initiate a new trial.
From Business Insider...
"We think it's because CEO Dr. David Hung is actually a very seasoned and astute executive. He has done a remarkable job getting Medivation up to this point, in our view. But he also understands both risk in drug development and how to make a deal (anyone remember the 2008 deal he made with Pfizer for Dimebon? That was for $225M upfront...in 2008). So, we believe that despite all the talk about the potential of this agent, MDVN understands both 1) the risks still in front of them in terms of talazoparib's own development, and 2) the shifting competitive landscape in the PARP space. Therefore, we believe that if and when a much improved offer comes (and we believe it will), from either Sanofi, or another party, that assigns significantly higher value to the company in general, and to talazoparib specifically, MDVN will be a lot more realistic than they may appear to be on the surface and will end up doing the right thing for shareholders and for themselves."
"Market makers will keep it up in a close range +/- 3 until an offer is made."
We certainly saw that yesterday, the SP was almost flat line most of the day.
"Who many stories has your see you next Tuesday edited for a slanted opinion on Yahoo, thanks Katie"
I was looking for the English translation to this, I can't find one.
Vnda should move well at this point with exclusive customer base and growing repeat prescriptions.
Let's watch her grow. The $17+ targets will have to be raised significantly. This is as close to guaranteed income as you are going to find in biotech.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
As a follow up:
Talazoparib: A Potentially Best-in-Class PARP Inhibitor (PARPi)
• Phase 3 EMBRACA trial in BRCA-mutated breast cancer expected to complete enrollment in 2016, top-line data expected 1H 2017
•Also in the clinic treating small cell lung cancer, prostate, ovarian cancer.
PARP Inhibitors Could be the Next Major Class of Therapeutics in Oncology: MDVN says it PARP is the most potent, ahead of TSRO's Niraparib.
MDVN seems to be quite excited about their PARP inhibitor, talazoparib. They describe it as "potentially best-in-class" and believe it will generate revenues equal to Xtandi. We saw what Tesaro did after P3 results. MDVN is my second largest holding after EXEL and I am hoping for a buyout in the $75.00 range, if both Exel and MDVN are bought out I'll feel like I won the Lotto!
Perhaps six months to close the deal, but I expect a deal will be made and announced well before that.
Good Luck, lets hope for a decent offer. I'm expecting something between $70 and $75 a share.
"According to Business Wire the new offer is $58.00 plus contingent value of $3.00 max in 2022."
Yes, and that offer falls substantially short of any real deal, but I guess it gets the board replacement worry off of MDVN's back!