Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

LyondellBasell Industries N.V. Message Board

henleywm 9 posts  |  Last Activity: Jun 20, 2016 10:14 AM Member since: Jan 10, 2013
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • henleywm henleywm Jun 20, 2016 10:14 AM Flag

    When I was in school, teachers not only expected us to do our homework, but to do it right. While it is true that PBM's have been squeezing rx retailers profit margins for more than 20 years now, they do it by contract negotiation. They can't change reimbursement rates every month or every quarter. WBA and Express Scripts have not negotiated a new contract in the past couple quarters so reimbursement rates reflected in the 3rd quarter report will be the same as in the 2nd quarter report. I see no reason for WBA to miss earnings estimates. In fact, the weakening dollar during q2 gives me cause to be optimistic about the results from overseas operations. Estimates for $1.14 per share seem quite conservative to me. I would predict a beat. You should go ahead and sell your shares if that's how you feel, but I don't think you should be giving advice until you get your homework right.

  • henleywm henleywm Jun 20, 2016 9:56 AM Flag

    Ella Mae, you are your own worst enemy. When you forget, or misplace an item and have to replace it quickly, you will frequently get stung. Convenience store retailers do not offer the best prices. Walgreen's is both a convenience store and a discount store. When you plan your purchases and watch the ads and the trends you can do very well at Walgreens. They frequently sell their reading glasses buy 1 get 1 free, and sometimes buy 1 get 2 free. Walgreen's is a savvy retailer. They will frequently be the closest or the only store open and you might pay for that convenience. Many people have learned how to shop Walgreens by anticipating their needs and buying at promotional prices, thereby buying at some of the most rock-bottom prices in the retail world.

  • Reply to

    wba will run up to $100

    by markpl950 Jun 13, 2016 2:00 PM
    henleywm henleywm Jun 15, 2016 11:24 AM Flag

    agree. the board has shown no inclination to split. splits offer little or no value and there is an associated expense.

  • Reply to

    The race is on!

    by hiker200055 Jun 8, 2016 12:57 PM
    henleywm henleywm Jun 10, 2016 1:26 PM Flag

    RAD is a risky buy. They are probably valued about $6 without the merger.

  • henleywm henleywm Jun 3, 2016 2:47 PM Flag

    You are wrong. Company provided guidance for the year 2017, just couldn't provide clarity for quarter to quarter due to SONY issue. Full year guidance is for flat to -5% compared to 2016. That means $0.80 to $0.97 (34%-41%) above previous guidance. That is superb guidance, and having listened to the full conference call I would say it only gets better in 2018,2019,2020..........

  • Reply to

    Please explain dividends

    by machsvo May 20, 2016 12:37 PM
    henleywm henleywm Jun 3, 2016 9:39 AM Flag

    When you compare a dividend to daily stock price fluctuations you are thinking like a day trader. If you are a day trader then you should not be concerned with dividends. As an investor however, dividends can be remarkable in their influence on gains over time. If a company consistently pays a dividend of 2% and the stock price goes up an average of 4% per year then the total return to the investor is 6%. The dividend increases the gain by 50%. The fact that the same stock may go up or down by 3% on any given day has no real meaning at the end of the year if you are holding that stock. My father-in-law purchased $200 of Detroit Edison stock in 1970 and sold it recently for $25,000. On the basis of stock price increase alone it would have been worth less than $1000. The difference was dividends. Edison paid dividends consistently without fail for 36 years and as a result his investment grew to 25 times what it would have been without dividends.

  • Reply to

    INSIDER

    by jodadjian Jun 2, 2016 12:16 PM
    henleywm henleywm Jun 2, 2016 4:23 PM Flag

    Fabrications are harmful. Don't mislead persons naive enough to believe you have inside information. Guidance for next quarter will not be released until conference call at 4:30 PM EST.

  • Reply to

    re: post the rite aid merger

    by dvrste May 26, 2016 9:49 AM
    henleywm henleywm Jun 1, 2016 7:04 PM Flag

    Of course it will be accretive. Their are thousands of Rite-Aid employees awaiting their pink slips.

  • henleywm henleywm Jun 1, 2016 7:00 PM Flag

    The Walgreens/.express scripts dispute ended 4 years ago. What does that have to do with Walmart and Target? What does it have to do with anything in 2016?

LYB
78.89-1.05(-1.31%)Aug 31 4:00 PMEDT