Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Message Board

jeffreybul23 30 posts  |  Last Activity: Jun 29, 2016 6:55 PM Member since: May 16, 2009
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • That's before the Olympics contract work/revenue coming up.

    Overall, earnings were not great, but not terrible either. They are maintaining profitability, which means more cash to buy back shares when they need too.

    $1.00 a share is guaranteed, but we should see $1.50 share price by years end. However, actual price should be $3.00+

    Patience grasshopper :-)

    Hopefully we can see $1.00+ a share for 10 consecutive days to regain compliance. They have the buy back program in place, and do not have a lot of shares, so do not expect a reverse split, or there wouldn't be much of a float left, leaving more likely that the company would be bought back. I just hope at a decent price.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Do have to say my OSN conversations with myself are rather boring :-)

    After they pop over $1.00 Thursday/Friday, I'll sell a large portion and buy back more into XIN, so keep the price on XIN down for me :-)

    Want to buy under $5.00 again, so I can sell again at $5.50. GLTA!!!

    P.S. You are more than welcome to stop by OSN board, and make a comment. I'm lonely over there :-)

    Sentiment: Hold

  • 10 Consecutive days? Is it possible this time? I think it is.

    They still have the ability to buy back shares, with the buy back program extended. They are not currently buying, but can if needed, and they won't let the company be delisted, so $1.00 is inevitable.

    If earnings are as good as they were last time, we'll see a pop over $1.00 for sure. Last time the share price popped up to $1.18, but did not maintain.

    If/when the share price gets to $1.00, place as much as you can at a bid of $1.00. Volume is low, so if they can get over $1.00, and enough people put bid prices at $1.00 to keep it up for 10 consecutive days, after the announcement of regaining compliance is made, another pop to $1.25.

    Average volume is under 14k, so if enough buyers put in bids for $1.00+ of 140k shares, they'd stay above the $1.00 bid price for 10 consecutive price.

    Thursday will be day 1 of 10.

    $1.50+ close by end of year.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 Jun 17, 2016 4:20 PM Flag

    ..... are coming soon. Hopefully a positive like last time, and we can break the $1.18 we got to last time.

    I'd love to see good earnings, mention of buying, "any" shares back, in first quarter from their buyback program, along with some positive news in the conference call.

    No reason why share price should not be able to get to $3.00+, but I'm thinking $1.50 by end of year. This is the perfect time for the company, and/or insiders, to buy shares, to lower the float., and increase shareholder value.

    Last earnings we saw 9 consecutive days above $1.00. Just one more, and they would have regained compliance. Maybe this time they'll get the 10 consecutive days, and regain compliance. Otherwise, I'd love to hear the insiders make a bid to buy remaining shares/float for $2.00 a share.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 Jun 5, 2016 1:16 PM Flag

    $1.26

    Hopefully we can get there, and stay above that amount, and eventually see $1.50 by end of year.

    They won't let the company get delisted, so $1.00 is guaranteed. They have a buyback program implemented, but not currently buying back, but can if needed. It wouldn't take much volume to get to $1.00, so if need be, they will by back shares before Septembers deadline.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 28, 2016 10:15 AM Flag

    I think the buybacks would be the best at this point. They are less than 25% of their Book value, so any shares they buy back would be a benefit. I'd like to see them legally buy as many shares they can when under $1.00 (up to 25% of average share price).

    As soon as they regain compliance, stop the buyback. They need the confidence of regaining compliance with the Nasdaq, and then we'll see a pop to $1.25.

    And, of course keep positive earnings each quarter, which I think they can, and will do. There is no reason why they should be under $1.00, and it's a great opportunity for them to increase shareholder value.

    There is such a small float right now, if I was an insider, with money, I'd let the company buyback as many shares as possible, and then put in a bid to buy the remaining float for $2.00 a share. 800k in cash, buybacks up to 800k shares bought back, leaving around 6.5 million share float = $13 million for insiders to buy back the remaining company with book value approaching $5.00 s share. They'd more then double their money the day they signed the papers.

    Unfortunately I am a pauper, so I couldn't do that.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 26, 2016 5:45 PM Flag

    Yes, very frustrating. There have been so many Chinese stocks that were frauds, and of course it hurts all Chinese stocks. If Ossen was a U.S. company, they'd be $15.00+ a share. As much as I'd love to see $15.00, don't think we'll see much higher then $2.00 a share, if we can get to that level for a long time.

    Hopefully if earnings are good for the first quarter, we can get over, and stay over $1.00 to regain compliance. Then hopefully $1.50 after they regain compliance. However, we'll have to wait until late June for Q1 results, so may be a rocky ride until then.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Buy back minimum daily allowable by law. I believe it is 25% of average volume? Don't stop until all 500k shares are bought back, and/or the share price maintains the $1.00 requirement.

    Maybe if someone on the inside also bought back 500k shares at $1.00 for their own portfolio, it would show even more confidence.

    The book value is $4.00+, so if an insider made a bid for the remaining shares at $2.00 a share. They'd make a hefty profit. It'd cost them around $15 million to buy the remaining float with book value of $30+ million. They'd more then double their money in one transaction.

    There are 19.8 million shares issued, but only 7.3 float (less then half). 500k share buy back would bring that down to 6.8 million shares out of 19.3 million shares. Insiders could then pool their money, to buy remaining shares. Surely they have $14 million between them to offer $2.00 a share for a company, with a book value of $4.67 a share.

    In any case we will see share price at $2.00 in next 12 months. Probably around $1.50 by year end, and $2.00+ by this time next year.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 21, 2016 8:17 AM Flag

    Nope, had 9 in a row. Sigh. A letter from the Nasdaq reinstating compliance would have been a good thing, but nope. If the company set a buy price for $1.00 for the 500k shares they say they'll be buying back, it would stay at $1.00 for at least the 10 days.

    They need to set a buy price at $1.00 for 500k shares until all 500k shares are bought back. After a letter from the Nasdaq, it would regain confidence in share price. It'll be back to at least $.80 on Monday, but they need to buy back shares to maintain a $1.00 requirement.

    Don't sell for under $1.00, they will regain it before the deadline.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Regained compliance

    by martins.c1977 May 8, 2016 12:53 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 17, 2016 9:50 PM Flag

    Martin, your math was way off. If the company regained compliance, it would have been announced last week. They need to maintain 10 consecutive days $1.00+, but only got to 9. Next time they have a $1.00 run, and they will eventually, they'll actually need to maintain 10 trading days above $1.00.

    If/when that happens, they'll get to $1.25, and $1.50 by end of year.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Earnings tomorrow.

    by jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 10:52 AM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 11:31 AM Flag

    When I said they would go from $4.00 to $4.50, you said it was "wishful thinking".

    When I said they'd go from $4.50 to $5.00 within a week, you also disagreed with me.

    Then had I said we'd get to $5.50+, and again, I was correct.

    Even when I had said we'd have a correction back under $5.00 when at $5.50, you still disagreed,and yet again, they did what I had said, and corrected under $5.00..

    Told you to sell at $5.49, and buy back again when corrected to under $5.00.

    Now I'm saying we will test the $6.00 level, and you said it's BS. I'm 5 for 5, so we'll have to see if I can get 6 of 6. Either way, sell order in for $5.99, and will buy back when settles around the $5.50 level.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 10:52 AM Flag

    I think XIN will beat expectations,
    earnings will be up from last quarter,
    and also up from 1st quarter of 2015.

    The conference call will be positive, but we will see that XIN was a little more aggressive with buybacks in the 1st quarter, as they'd like to see share price stay above $5.00.

    With better than expected earnings, positive conference call, and more aggressive buybacks, $6.00 within a week of earnings announcement, so by next Wednesday. The big question is, will they be able to hold above $6.00?

    I have a sell order in for $5.99, and even above the $6.00 level, we'll see a correction. I'll buyback at $5.49 after selling at $5.99.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • .... Hear about the regaining compliance by end of week. If not, we have 9 more to go, so we won't hear about the letter for another 2 weeks. I'd rather see it this week. The Nasdaq is good about sending out letters, so they send it to the company right away, so they'd get it before end of this week.

    In any case the share price should be $3.00. A larger similar company that uses them as a supplier, would be crazy not to inquire them at $2+. Book value is over $4.00+.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Regained compliance

    by martins.c1977 May 8, 2016 12:53 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 7:31 AM Flag

    Hope you are right, but I'd be fine with $2.00 a share. $3.00 would be better :-)

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Should be at $3.00+

    by jeffreybul23 May 7, 2016 8:05 AM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 7:29 AM Flag

    Hopefully you are right. It'll be positive news if they announce compliance by end of week.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 May 7, 2016 8:05 AM Flag

    A company who uses them as a supplier should think about putting in an offer to buy for $2.00 a share, as the book value is over $4.00, they'd be doubling their money right off the bat, and be able to supply their own projects at lower costs.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 6, 2016 10:25 PM Flag

    They are on their last extension. Either they stay at $1.00 a share, or above, they'll have to do something. They shoulda bought back as many shares as possible yesterday to get to the 10th day needed. 1 of 10. Hopefully Monday will be 2 of 10.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Need 10 consecutive days $1.00, or over to regain compliance.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Someone putting in buy orders at $1.00. Keep it up. One more day, and then regain compliance.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Only two more trading days of $1.00+ and we regain compliance, so set your buy orders for $1.00+, to help keep the share price up. If all goes well, the company could get a letter next week to let them know that they have regained compliance.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

STV
1.26+0.01(+0.80%)Jul 25 4:00 PMEDT