most are expecting so so numbers out of sales for april/may as AZN was pushing hard to have doctors wait for their competing drug but wait till june on numbers come out.......explosive numbers to the upside as doc's won't wait any longer and medicare part D insurance providers must complete their determinations of coverage for Veltassa. Nearly all good analyst have said 2nd half 2016 numbers will accelerate greatly and now with ZS-9 out of the picture it will likely be that much better!
4. Three weeks after May's "miserable" earnings print, a stock promoter called Bull In Advantage sent out thousands of emails hyping Relypsa at a convenient time when "the stock needed a boost."
again earnings report beat all analyst estimates (didn't do her research)
5. Investors heavily bought Relypsa's stock after the FDA delayed approval of AstraZeneca plc (ADR)
AZN 1.6%'s ZS-9 under the assumption this is a bullish sign for Relypsa's drug. However, investors "misunderstood" the ramifications and erroneously assumed the two drugs were similar when they're not.
well duh! competition that shorts had said would sink RLYP just got blown out of the water. Its a good thing they are not alike as ZS-9 increases sodium the exact opposite of what you want to happen with kidney and heart patients! (didn't do her research)
6. Insiders sold more than 10,000 shares of Relypsa's stock just this week.
likely under automatic program sales (duh!)
7. Relypsa could burn through $275 to $300 million in cash this year at a time when revenues rose just $11 million in the prior quarter due to a partial recognition of a one-time payment.
apparently she has never followed a company bringing a drug to market with its own sales force!
8. Finally, Relypsa's executives are "profiting from this unprofitable company" with excessive salaries, bonuses, stock options, relocation benefits and "other goodies" that "really add up for the top folks."
I'll give her this one just so she doesn't feel too dejected........
1. Relypsa paid $12.5 million to acquire Valtessa from Ilypsa and the selling entity "didn't even bother" to keep a percentage of any future royalties as it wanted to sell the drug and "take the money and run."
Nothing uncommon with just taking cash and not retaining a royalty interest. ( not valid point)
2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration concluded Valtessa dangerously binds with other oral drugs which decreases its effectiveness.
Apparently she is totally ignoring test results before FDA that this point is not valid (didn't do her research)
3. Relypsa's stock "cratered" in early May due to its debt-tied private stock placement and "miserable" earnings.
earnings beat on analyst estimates (didn't do her research) Debt financing is in place if needed and non dilutive to stockholders (another thesis shorts had been using that didn't happen)
One has to ask himself after reading the form 483, AZN is a well established drug company and has set up manufacturing for a new drug many many times, this sounds like there is more to this drug and issues with it that if you set up a lab to manufacturer it that was doomed to fail with FDA, that they knew they bought a drug that failed. Sounds to me they are trying to cover up with shareholders that they bought a doomed drug and are now trying to quietly sweep it under the rug over time.
shorts are scared shirtless that it takes off and breaks 22.00
when it does its heading to upper 20's quickly
AZN must have realized they bought the wrong horse in the right race and is not putting anymore money into there lost cause drug. Get ready for write-off and market to realize RLYP is the winner take all
shorts were getting scared with brokerages running out of stock to short and starting to raise requirements. They see with AZN's rejection that RLYP is highly likely to get bought out soon and don't want to get holding the bag when shorts go belly up on them!
blah, blah blah, Berens hasn't been right on any of his "thesis" calls! What a joke..........MS you've lost credibility as an investment firm keeping this guy on your payroll!
with CRL of AZN's competing product, proposals have to be in the works for a buyout of RLYP.
They are on the wrong side and about to get toasted! ha ha!
when the news is great for RLYP.....hmm he must be short up to his aszz! lol
with hedge funds buying big stakes in RLYP he has to be really worried about a major short squeeze on takeover of RLYP!
it will bust right through it! watch and learn stupid shorts!
RLYP is ripe for the picking by big pharma now that AZN competing drug just failed miserably!
They need to decide and announce it!
the smell of fried shorts, love it! lol
stock is going to make a quick run and break 22 and its off to the races of buyout! Wouldn't be surprised if it happens this week! Merger mania is hitting biotechs