Thanks Ranger, sorry for your larger loss here than most of us, was a big hit, am back working and happier for it. The AVXL story continues to evolve, are you out of it altogether? I am staying in that one. I just went into CRMD today, their phase 3 is going now, and the drug has been in use for 10 years in Europe, it's a lock approval here if you do your DD.
I want to get invested here but after this run, looks like I missed the one pullback and now it's hot again. Tell me about cash, forward catalysts, I know about the science, have watched the Company for two years. I am invested already in regererative medicine, with Athersys. I will be doing my own DD but wanted to hear about what you see, thanks for any constructive comments in advance.
Off 83% today as the trial gets halted for futility. Now trading at .34, last week it was over 2.30. I took profits a month ago, thanks to some warnings here about this likely going to happen.
Strips is right and knows what he's saying, IMHO. KB is resourceful, determined, and a good steward of cash and resources. Settle down everybody, buy some cheap shares while you still can.
There were fill delays today even at the bid, what a lousy market maker. I did buy some shares, but when is this drop going to end?
Good post Kack. I've talked to KB 3 times, once yesterday and am very comfortable with where we're headed, just hard to give a timetable to it. He knows what needs to be done to drive the value, just let the man execute, he's never sold any shares, he's got more to lose than any of us!
I bailed out, so much for any and all DD, the whole sector is a mess as Biospec forecast. The positions I established in gold silver are in the green, but I didn't and won't put enough capital there to make up for what I lost here. Good luck all, if you hold and prosper you saw something few others did.
You and I both, but I am out now, having exited 2.01 to 2.04. I think Gil and Hardy convinced each other they could get earlier approval, then it started changing, they extended trial to be more robust, 4-5 sites, 150-200 patients, and now we have nearly two years to hear results. I can't bear the wait, look what's happened to the stock since Monday at 2.19. Today it will trade in the mid to low 1.80's. Shorts have this one in their grip, I won't suffer that kind of market risk. I bought precious metals yesterday, am up on that idea 10% already. Good luck, honestly, I believed, like Jason Kolbert said at the R&D Partnership Day, and I accumulated too early, too fast. Now the facts have changed.
Yes, likely, in 2018. There's a lot of risk between then and now, might as well stay out of this for another year and take my chances on buying lower. Looks what's happened to this stock even since Monday, my point exactly.
I must admit was very upset to see this stock behaving poorly and as pinstripe's posts surfaced on annual meeting, with mention of data readout in Q1 2018, that's where I had a disconnect between what Gil and Hardy had been saying in their R&D Partnership day video, and subsequent interviews and so forth. They clearly were overselling the Japan PMDA program's fast track aspects. As a result, I lost some serious money here, believing in them. One should come to the table with at least two years for any such investment, so I built too large of a position too fast with average price of 2.28 and chose not to risk the fluctuation which was only beginning. I sold at 2.01-2.04 and won't be trusting Gil and Company anymore.
I bought shares based on what was being sold to us as a very fast track pivotal trial and now we know what that looks like when they come back around the corner. When I look at the break in the charts and the delays out front, I sold all my shares for a loss because I know how this trades given time to bleed. Feels like betrayal to me.
We lost all the upside of the recent move, completely retraced to support area around 2.15. The charts look a bit oversold now though, and I see some sector strength coming in today with the XBI and IBB, we may benefit from a rally there. We've seen 2.19 already this morning only to be smacked right back down by the short cabal, or people who've decided they won't wait and are taking leave.
ojsmyth75, I agree there is more risk (chance for error) in having more facilities and med techs, but the longer study also gives the patients more time to recover their function to the point of excellent outcome, per Gil 'completely normal or minor hints of a deficit" as stated in his interview with Jason Kolbert (at the Alliance for Regen Medicine) in March.
Athersys's Senior Vice Pres Finance just picked up 57,674 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's Exec Vice Pres and CSO just picked up 131,593 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's President and COO just picked up 114,097 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys's Chairman and CEO just picked up 202,253 shares - June 21, 2016
Athersys director was just granted 30,000 options - June 21, 2016
They had better report your positive results soon or we will have to bounce from even lower levels. This has gotten really ugly, my regrets to all who came here.
The larger trial actually reduces the risk as I recall Gil stating, they were in agreement for this reason, when Healios was wanting to go larger.
"Results may not be reported until early 2018" but I would imagine they might report based on the 90-day interim results, if deemed important. Remember, Hardy said PMDA would approve based on "safety and a "tendency" of effectiveness". There is the chance that patients responding early to treatment (in sufficient numbers) may be enough for them to approve early. Others here agree or disagree? We have the other trials ongoing, we can't languish until 2018.