I did go there Jerry, they're not threatened by, but embrace the stem success of Sanbio using stem cells to demonstrate efficacy in IS. There are so many positives that lie ahead, like WST said in his article, Athersys is "firing on all cylinders in 2016", and we already know that 2017-2018 should be off the charts, provided these trial readouts continue to demonstrate efficacy. Like Jason Kolbert said, when MultiStem is unlocked, "it will become a very,very big product."
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Good points made b00gie. We agree. I think just having someone else have a related discovery is positive for us, gives us a boost, we are the leader.
I give Gil credit due for his hhaving accomplished the two Japanese partnerships in Japan, where they are committed to having world firsts in regenerative medicine. Sanbio may have a unique approach but Athersys will be approved in Japan for IS long before Sanbio could get a US approval. MultiStem has blockbuster potential, quickly coming into focus.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I'll toast to your projection VA, it's been so far an exercise in frustration seeing this stock behave like a yoyo since January.
Awesome, no hadn't seen that, shorts are toast! Any positive news anytime soon could cause a wild inflection point, and we'd see a massive short squeeze. I'm extremely confident holding my position here!
And this further supports the inviolate safety profile, more data, more safety, we have a cumulative effect across the stem cell sector, and with MultiStem.
We are breaking out on the two-hour, daily, and have a nice tall white (or green) candle on the weekly. The monthly candle so far in June is up .19 and challenging the upper resistance of the downtrend channel as I write this. We have risen out of the symmetrical triangle, that bounded our stock for two and a half months, since around March 7th. With more follow through, we'll break that long term downtrend. The Stanford study and new article on Seeking Alpha together with some possible short covering today, is certainly helping investors here. So much to like about being invested here, good charts are now our friend.
Regardless of what news is being anticipated out of Mesoblast, your investment here will be amply rewarded, in time, and that time is drawing relatively near.
That 'cross' is the 4th one in seven closes and we've continued the run after tthe last 3 doji candles. With the after hours close being higher, the MM decided to open it higher and see if there would be follow through and when it didn't happen to any great extent, we ended closing up the 3 cents, but flat with the open which was .02 higher than the previous days close. Seems like we may be getting close to news of some kind, good anticipated, therefore the run.
It's one day. TA is my entertainment when news isn't happening, and I don't get too invested in daily outcomes. I thought it would close higher, yes, but it's only one day, and I'm here for PMDA approval of MS for stroke, and what else develops out of Athersys' pipeline. After the first 90 minutes, I left for the day, so was surprised we couldn't hold more of our gains. Perhaps a pause until news is what's next?
Thanks, I bought 2,000 shares at 2.30 this morning to round out my position at 75,000 shares. I've been buying since April 13th, when I purchased my first lot of 10,000 shares at 2.22. It looks like today we have a good start, currently up .04. June should be when we get some updates from the Company, hopefully to include the J-IND. GLAL.
From $0.60 recent high now .35, seems like it, that high was before they won the suit and now there's a sealed settlement. My last buys were $.40, but now it seems apparent there's no big settlement going to be announced, and that faded expectations, now traders are leaving, some profits were harvested.
It's time to "buy with both fists", as they say. I think the 42.6% retracement from the recent highs of $.61 is a "good enough" margin to take the fluff out of the stock. Patents are intact, court awarded validation, so the coast is clear for the Company to finally execute on it's business plan, and I for one am confident in our fearless leader Keith to take it to the markets and prove the value. All we need is to give the man the time and show faith he deserves after all that has happened.
If you pay attention to technical analysis, Tuesday is a very important day for our charts, being the last trading day in May. If we close up over 2.31 the monthly chart puts in a 5th white candle (green on some programs) instead of the currently red candle, down .02, sustaining the uptrend started in January. This week we gained $.06 which is almost nothing except as it relates to giving us a second white (or green) candle on the weekly chart. Further, we have successfully made a bullish cross on MACD for the daily chart, that's a big deal actually.
The MACD on the weekly chart has been poised to make a bearish MACD cross with how the month of May started, but so far with the intra-month trend reversal, and an up week with flat closes on Weds-Friday, we have only kissed the signal line and not crossed it. If we have an up day on Tuesday, we will avoid this bearish MACD crossover which would avert algos in programmed trading from kicking in with a sell signal.
Absent news, we just need a slight push on Tuesday to have slammed the efforts of the bears in the month of May, let's do it! I say we finish Tuesday's trade with what we need, at least a few pennies, that's my 2 cents! Show up with your orders near the close on Tuesday if you are still in accumulation mode.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
One thing I said was wrong, I said "we still need to clear the downtrend showing the THREE large full-channel retracements" when in fact there were only TWO large full-channel retracements. And as aptly pointed out, the selling in each of these two related to trial news interpreted by the market as bad news, when in fact the market was wrong the second time. It won't happen again like this.