I still can't find a downside. Like my posts on the FNJN board said... this was an important day even though the percentage gain wasn't great. The public float is only 6M shares and 25% of them switched from weaker to stronger hands today. That is huge.
Isn't it hilarious ditzy is stalking me on the FNJN board? He has absolutely no class. I gave him a chance to verify my research and finally have a winning trade and he is so mentally ill that he can't see past his hate for me proving he is a liar and mentally unstable.
I'll take a look at TREC.
I was posting for your benefit when I said it would retrace to $1.75. Was hoping you would get out with a quick profit. Oh wait... if you bought with funds that hadn't settled yet, you can't sell for three days. I'm teaching my son about settled funds now. He wanted to start buying back when it went under $1.75 today and I explained to him not to get into the habit of buying with funds that haven't settled yet. He understands how that works now.
Pretty good. He has been in the workforce for 9 months and put $11,000 into a Roth IRA in April and has over $20,000 in it now.
I listened closely to their presentation today. They let it slip they are announcing (probably) tomorrow that a couple more patents survived challenges. Look for a PR before the market opens. I would sell for $2 tomorrow if you get the chance. Look for it to retrace back to $1.60 - $1.70 until the next news.
Of course... that is if you need to keep your money making a steady income. If you're like me and are more interested in bragging rights for a 5-bagger or 10-bagger... this is the one that could do it! Good luck. I have about 100K shares now and think I am going to buy many more on dips. No shame in swing-trading to take advantage of these wild swings. I have a pretty good feel for how it trades now.
A very nice day. I was a penny from my prediction of a close at $1.75 until the last 5 seconds:
15:59:31 $ 1.76 100
I know, I know... there are many out there saying, "I shudda sold". This day was necessary so we can go much higher and sustain it. Congratulate those who were satisfied with smaller gains and locked-in profits.
This is getting on the radar of a lot more people and the wild swings will become more narrow. Look at that volume. When it opened at $2, I think the shorts got some instant margin calls and their positions liquidated. That sent it up to $2.35 in just about 80 seconds. Very interesting Time and Sales Report for the first 2 minutes.
More exciting days to come. Will probably buy some more in the $1.60s and back up the truck in the $1.50s. Going to keep a base and pick up some more for swing-trading.
They just completed the LD Micro presentation.
I thought it went very well again. Did you notice how they repeated the question for those listening online? Nice to see they are listening and getting better in all phases.
Not sure what the next catalyst will be. Will probably drift lower on low volume until another big pop from news. They seemed to put to rest in my mind that anything will happen with Blue Coat until next year. It was nice dreaming, though.
Will need to wait until towards the end of June to see if there was any shorting activity at the highs or if it was profit-taking.
This won't be straight up. Try to time it if you must, but hang on to a base and don't get left out as it will be much higher in a year or two.
=Good call on the retreat
It won't show up on the scoreboard what a huge day this was, but we are replacing people who took nice profits with new blood who bought as high as $2.60 in premarket. This was an important necessary step. I am not a blind pumper and I have been sharing my research and been pretty much spot on with what could happen.
$1.50 - $1.75 is the new base where it was at $1.10 just a month ago. By the end of this year, the new base could easily be at $2.50 after runs over $3. Congratulations to the traders and good luck to those of who are holding out for the true value to be unleashed.
That was fun, but don't be disappointed when it goes back to $1.75 or lower. We need to replace the weaker hands who were content to get out with a quick double. Don't forget it was only at 81 cents in March.
I decided to hang on to all of my shares,even though I knew it would drop much lower. My 23 year old son just opened an IRA on April 15th with max contributions for 2015 and 2016. We bought almost 9,000 shares for him and sold those shares in premarket for over $20,000. I just told him and he is all excited.
I have 10X that number of shares and don't need the money. I am going to hang on for the big score, but congratulations to those of you who took profits. I hope you will be back to buy your shares back for a lower price. We're not nearly done here yet!
=$1.13 today on May 3, 2016.
And $2.60 today on June 8, 2006.
I gave you my research that you could verify. How many got a double out of this? Don't worry... it will come back down and you can get in before the REALLY BIG news hits.
=Well, we knew 23may the size & content of the settlement
New people were brought in from the 3 investor conferences. I kept telling you that eventually the right people would come in and the valuation would go way up. Unfortunately, those that bought much lower will be selling and I predict a close today of $1.75. That's okay... higher highs and higher lows are the trend.
I must admit I am taking some profits at these prices. They are unsustainable for now.
Yup. Case was dismissed yesterday after settlement was agreed to. Knew something happened when After Hours yesterday showed Bids of 10,000 shares at $1.50 and 7,000 shares at $1.54. Someone tried to pick up some cheap shares, but failed.
Sophos settlement and licensing deal could be next. Actually, lifting the stays on two other cases might be next now that they can move forward. I believe the reason the stays weren't promptly lifted means they may be close to negotiating settlements there, too. Still think the announcement of Blue Coat filing their S-1 for a public offering means they need to put their Finjan lawsuits behind them. Markets hate uncertainty and it will cost them hundreds of millions of dollars in market cap to leave this disclosure in their proxy statement. So many huge announcements ahead in the near future.
Great timing with their presentation this morning!
Just need more exposure and a few more investors to come on board. A $35M market cap is ridiculous at this stage. This will go over $2 quickly when the right person or fund values it properly and takes a position.
Someone has a bid in to buy 10,000 shares at $1.50 and the Ask is $2.25. Looks like something may be up.
They present at the LD Micro Conference tomorrow morning. Let's hope there is a nice PR to go along with it.
A reminder taken directly from the SWCC website:
Testing a small wind turbine to the requirements of the AWEA Standard will take at least six months due to the requirements of the Duration Test. Depending on the wind regime in which the test facility is located, testing and reporting may take as much as 1 year to complete. The process of completing SWCC certification depends on the quality of the test reports and level of issue resolution required. SWCC certification is expected to take approximately 2 to 4 months once test reports are received. The structural analysis of the wind turbine can be performed in parallel with the field testing.
Once more... google small wind certification council and click on Applicant Turbines. It only costs $2,500 to file the intent notice and "apply" for certification. They have not even filed an intent to apply yet and it takes 6 to 12 months for the durability testing PLUS another 2 to 4 months AFTER all test reports are received!
Now verify the tax credits for small wind expire on December 31, 2016. It is pure and simple fraud for Dieter to state they will be certified before the end of the year based on the facts from public sources.
There is no product and there is no certification application pending. Now it is possible he filed the application just now and it isn't on the SWCC website yet. That is irrelevant as even beginning now, it is virtually impossible to become certified before tax credits expire.
Another email blast from Dieter this morning filled with lies and half-truths.
First an admission:
"What you probably don’t know is that not a single vertical axis win turbine (VAWT) in our class has been certified by the industry’s official Small Wind Certification Council."
Then a lie:
"Sauer Energy is well on its way to be the first and only to receive full certification"
They have not begun the process as can be verified on the Small Wind Certification Council website. Go to their website and click on Applicant Turbines. You will see that Sauer Energy has not even begun the process. How can they be "well on the way" to achieving certification when they haven't even begun the process with an application? That is your PROOF of yet another blatant lie.
Another ridiculous statement:
"FIRST, we’ve chosen to go with the vertical technology, not horizontal. The design is extremely energy-efficient, and lends itself to all kinds of further technological advances "
A VAWT is LESS EFFICIENT than a HAWT. The design is NOT energy efficient and there are no VAWTs that can show even remotely they can produce any economical return on investment. That is one of the reason there is not a single one certified. The other reason is they are not mechanically sound enough to pass the durability testing.
"The only items left are to perform are both operational and non-operational analysis and life-estimation. These specific tests are laid out by the IEC and SWCC, specifying that a turbine must have a 20-year life expectancy."
OMG! The "only" items left to test are EVERYTHING. They haven't even applied yet! It doesn't cost much to apply. Even if they do, they will never complete the testing before the tax credits run out.
"That won’t be until towards the end of the year, and there’s nothing we can do to hasten this process"
There is no product and it has not begun the testing process. It CANNOT be certified before tax credits run out. You have been defrauded. eek legal advice.
Finjan’s complaint also seeks enhanced damages, including treble damages. We have sought a stay of Finjan Case 2 from the court because, among other reasons, we contest Finjan’s right to recover damages on three patents—6,154,844, 6,965,968 and 7,418,731—for which Finjan was awarded lump-sum money damages that we contend are for the life of such patents in Finjan Case 1. We believe this verdict was in error and intend to vigorously defend Finjan Case 2, regardless of whether the case is stayed. However, we cannot be certain that we will ultimately prevail. If we do not prevail in Finjan Case 2, another large damages payment may be imposed upon us and our business and results of operations may be harmed. Trial in Finjan Case 2 is currently scheduled for October 30, 2017.
We have not recorded a liability with respect to Finjan Case 1 based on our determination that a loss in that case is not probable under applicable accounting standards. Given the early stage of Finjan Case 2, we are unable to estimate the possible losses in that case. Accordingly, any damages payable as a result of a final judgment in these cases could materially adversely affect our financial condition and results of operations. In addition, any public announcements of the results of any proceedings in Finjan Case 1 or Finjan Case 2 could be negatively perceived by securities analysts and investors, and could cause our stock price to experience volatility or decline.
What a horrible disclosure! You would be a fool to invest in a company that lost a lawsuit for infringing on patents that are the key to their products and got sued again for willfully doing the same thing. Enhanced damages, treble damages and fees in TWO cases. That is too big of an unknown for any savvy investor to take a chance on. Blue Coat NEEDS to wake up. They will lose more in market valuation than what it would take to settle the lawsuits! When did Bain Capital become so incompetent?
They did mention the lawsuits in the S-1 filing:
For example, we are currently involved in ongoing legal proceedings with Finjan, Inc. (“Finjan”). On August 28, 2013, Finjan filed a complaint (“Finjan Case 1”) in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California alleging that certain Blue Coat products infringe U.S. Patent Nos. 6,154,844, 6,804,780, 6,965,968, 7,058,822, 7,418,731 and 7,647,633. On August 4, 2015, the jury in Finjan Case 1 returned a verdict that certain Blue Coat products infringe five Finjan patents in suit and awarded Finjan lump-sum money damages of $39.5 million. On November 20, 2015, the trial court entered a judgment in Finjan Case 1 in favor of Finjan on the jury verdict and certain non-jury legal issues. Finjan has also filed motions seeking enhanced damages on the judgment, including treble damages, which refers to the tripling of a damages award, as well as interest and attorneys fees, which, if awarded, could be substantial. We intend to vigorously contest this judgment and investigate all available remedies for relief, including currently pending post-trial motions and, if necessary, an appeal. However, we cannot be certain that any of our motions or our appeal, if we choose to appeal, will be successful.
On July 15, 2015, Finjan filed a second complaint (“Finjan Case 2”) in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California alleging that certain Blue Coat products infringe U.S. Patent Nos. 6,154,844, 6,965,968, 7,418,731, 8,079,086, 8,225,408, 8,566,580 and 8,677,494. On March 1, 2016, Finjan amended its complaint to allege that certain Blue Coat products also infringe U.S. Patent Nos. 9,141,786, 9,189,621 and 9,219,755.
to be continued
A big clarification is needed. $100M is the initial amount given in the preliminary filing. I can remember many IPOs that use this number for a placeholder and then the amount is many times higher. Doing a little more digging, it is more likely that the true IPO will be for up to $500M.
The prospectus should be available soon and we will see how they reference the ongoing lawsuits under the "Risks" section. I would think they would want to clear up everything with Finjan before the prospectus is outlined and I am still hopeful for some big news coming very soon.
The combination of strange trading activity along with the Blue Coat IPO announcement makes me think a deal is done and it is just being drawn up and will be announced imminently with the IPO paying for it.
You getting excited yet, truthbetoldkids?
Bain is going to hang on to as much as they can and the IPO will "only" be for $100M. Now for the good news in the commentary of the uses for this money:
Michael Knight, president and chief technology officer at Encore Technology Group, a Greenville, S.C.-based Blue Coat partner, said the amount of debt held by the company was concerning, as he would rather see the security vendor invest in product development than paying off previous debts.
"With Blue Coat's current debt load, they will have to show that only a small amount of the hoped for $100 million will go toward reducing debt and a maximum amount would be put toward sustainable research and development and sales enablement strategies," Knight said in an email. "As a security vendor, research and development is not only critical but is paramount in maintaining value and relevancy so minimizing spend in that area would be disastrous and nothing happens without sales."
They are getting pressure from their partners to do "sales enablement strategies". What could be better than locking up the intellectual property at the heart of your products?
Hmmm... now what could they do with $100M and isn't it curious they chose right now to raise it?
Dare we dream?
You know I hate blind pumping as well as blind bashing and I back up what I say. Here are some random thoughts to make you think:
Finjan patents are a big part of BCS products.
Bain Capital bought BCS for $2.4B around 6 months before Finjan won a $39.5M jury award.
Bain is now taking BCS public.
Bain does not like loose ends and not controlling the IP could greatly hurt the IPO.
First lawsuit is awaiting judge's ruling for pre and post-trial interest plus $7.8M in fees.
Second lawsuit is alleging WILLFUL infringement which could result in triple damages.
Baffling delay in the judge making her ruling on hearing conducted back in April.
Harbourvest (Bain neighbor in Boston) holds around 20% of Finjan stock.
Other insiders have controlling interest and can approve a deal without outside shareholders.
It is not a bizarre leap of faith to connect the dots and think some kind of a deal can be done here with BCS. BCS would be legally obligated to point out their legal proceedings in their prospectus material for the IPO. It is obviously material if they have already lost one case and have a similar one ongoing for willful infringement. Not controlling the intellectual property that is at the heart of their products could easily hurt their valuation by hundreds of millions of dollars if not up to a billion dollars. Markets don't like uncertainty. Two great scenarios: I could see BCS buying Finjan to control the IP. At the very least, they should quickly want to do a licensing deal and settle both lawsuits. I could also see Bain throwing $100M at Finjan and coming out sweet. They could hold Finjan and keep it as a separate entity. Of course, both lawsuits against BCS would immediately go away and a licensing deal for a nominal amount would be signed. Bain would continue to pursue licensing deals with indirect competitors while denying licensing to key competitors. They would continue to allow Finjan Mobile and CybeRisk to grow and create value there.
We are seeing trades printing above the Ask and below the Bid today. Sure makes me think a deal is already done and it is going to be valued based on today's closing price. I can't believe this many people are getting horrible fills. Very strange activity, indeed. Two competing interests are jockeying and manipulating the price.
Is this going to be your typical deal announcement on the close of a Friday?
Everybody make a 100 share buy at market at the close. I have a hunch it is going to be in our best interests to offset the flurry of small sells at the close. Something is up and truthbetoldkids may be on to something with that Blue Coat IPO revelation.