Smoking off the table, Eisai did a market feasibility study and decided that they were not going move forward. I do not agree with their findings or their reasoning, they are gun shy after seeing Aricept go generic.
Enough with the personal attacks. This is a stock board, a place to debate the merits of ARNA as an investment. GROW UP
Played with the new interface. HATE IT...
Just makes it even that much harder to have a debate or share thoughts and ideas... Nothing more than an opinion/comment board now. Not very intuitive and not very organized....
are they going to general comment style message boards? Conversations looks a lot like a comment section.
It was just there and as we move to the end of the year it will move even higher going into weight loss season driven by the catalyst of Belviq XR, new weight loss season, results from the Phase 2 staring to reflect in the price from anticipation..
He did not do this alone. He waited for the new CFO to be put in place as well and within 30 days they made a plan and executed that plan... I for one view this as a positive, yes, 2 years late but it is a start. If this new CEO and CFO can make this hard decision, I believe they are the ones that can play hard ball with Eisai. Jack was a push over and a Liberal at that so he could not and would not make the hard decisions..
First and foremost I am long, or I should say was long on Neuvax. never GALE management.
These word games are just that games. The IDMC did exactly what I said, they basically gave their recommendation to Halt for futility unless someone can prove to them the data was faulty. It does not mean they see something or that they think the data was screwed up... They are saying this is our decision based on the data we had. Now GALE management is going to raise money spending resources looking into every aspect of the failure.
If Neuvax does not work and does in fact create issues those combo trials will need to be stopped. Then we end up with a pipeline that is years out. They want to milk this cash cow. I sure hope this bounces back up. I will offload the shares...
The person looking to continue their lifestyle and not change their eating habits is looking for a drug to do all of the work for them. That does not exist and if it did it would probably not be healthy.
There are many folks out there serious about changing their lives and they have lost 70, 80, and even more on this drug. People who in the past could not lose 5 pounds are down almost 100 pounds after being on Belviq. Those saying it does not work are flat out wrong and liars. It does not work for everyone, because not everyone is fat because of cravings and bad eating habits. Some don't want to change so the drug won't help them.
You did not say blockbuster, clearly Belviq is not a block buster. You said "don't sell" and Belviq has sold and is selling. Not for lack of demand, if it was over the counter we would be selling millions a quarter. Doctors are not writing scripts. They are stuck in the diet and exercise talking points. Some would rather give surgery referrals then script a 75 dollar drug... Criminal in my opinion. But soon they will have no excuse.
The big question is after the CVOT will we be able to get the Schedule moved from a 4 to a 5. I think the unknown was one of the reasons for the Schedule 4 designation. After the 5 year study we will know if it has abuse issues or other issues keeping it at the 4 designation..
Thanks for the confirmation, I found nothing as well. Clock is ticking and when the CVOT is finally done no more reasons to avoid scripting the drug. Hopefully we have a Pfizer or Lilly at the helm of Belviq at that point... Eisai could not sell water to a dehydrated person in the desert.
Belviq selling over 500,000 scripts per year so clearly it is selling... and a lot of folks are taking it..
You made the claim with no link, I searched all of the articles this person has written and that article did not show up in a Google search. So as far as I can see you have nothing to back your claim.
Seriously? Well you keep wondering, the drug has been on the market for 3 years and no real issues reported. Hypersensitivity is not a big life and death issue. Belviq will not be taken off of the market. Chantix was given a black box warning and still stays on the market and is scripted every day. Clearly you do not understand how things work in the real world.
Nothing more then hope and speculation, they stopped the phase 3. Don't you think management would have held off on stopping the trial if there was a data problem? They had 2 days to consult with the IDMC and decided to halt the study. All of the spin in the world won't change that. If it turns out halting was a mistake I will get my loses back via a class action for malfeasance.
Wrong, been on the market for 3 years and no real issues other then those seen in small percentages during clinical studies.
What is the revenue Arena generates quarterly and annually? Not all revenue comes from Belviq..