I was just going to add to my thread, so I'll add to your positive comment justarook....The price action today was very positive. If your broker has intraday charts, take a look at the 5 or 10 day 60 minute chart. The scripts were basically ignored, probably because the ZS-9 FDA decision is way more important now. And with this price action, it just seems to me that the smart money expects some labeling issues. or similar. I also think potential suitors want to know what's going on with ZS next week. This may get very interesting in the next few days.....
I've been waiting for a technical buy signal on RLYP for awhile, today we have it. There's significant accumulation happening, you can see it on the intraday chart. I really think there's some positive news coming in the near term, maybe later this week. For demand to stay at this level given the 200+ down market day is big, esp. since the previous candles were heading north....We'll see.
the street is now in the process of repricing Lannett's stock price. All technical indicators I follow are turning up. Integration issues with the acquisition will subside, and the revenue will be replaced by new clients. But I think the street may be reacting positively to the generic insulin partnership.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Gee, do you think maybe it was down a few cents today because the broader market was down 217 points, and most biotech and healthcare stocks were pummeled? I would argue it held up very well.
Don't you have anything more substantive to contribute than incessantly praising another board poster? Or are you actually grey?
It has to be so obvious to everyone that this FDA decision is so political at this point, and not so much about saving lives, and that's sad. An accelerated approval would be nothing more than a severe blow to Farkas' ego......Farkas really needs to get over himself...
After reading everything and anything I could possibly find, including Ms.Woodcock's outspoken history with Sarepta over the past several years, I think everyone now realizes that she has the final say on the FDA decision on May 26.
Obviously this is great news for the patients and SRPT longs. But here's another thought, continuing with my accumulation theory:
SRPT has always wanted to go it alone, and take 100% of what could be a huge market opportunity in the US and Europe. Here's where it gets interesting: Does management take the risk/gamble of accelerated approval and reject the suitors out there, or is there a big player who sees the partnership or acquisition opportunity with SRPT, either with accelerated approval or not? Keep in mind, an FDA rejection May 26 is not a rejection of the drug, it's a rejection of near term accelerated approval. So I think the huge move off the lows from the panel disappointment may be a combination of Joe Edelman's hedge fund and others believing in approval with Janet's help, OR many on the street thinking a partnership could be imminent, even before May 26.....Does anyone else embrace this possible theory?
Sentiment: Strong Buy
in both instances you mention, the stock was trending down, even though it was trading higher than where it is today. So in other words, the smart money was already starting to exit the stock before the press releases. It's still a couple of weeks away, but for now the stock appears to be under accumulation.
If Wall Street thought that this flagship drug had a great chance of approval from the FDA the end of this month, then the stock chart would be showing signs of recent accumulation. That is exactly what is happening....Ever since the panel rejection, the smart money has been accumulating, but don't just take my word, look at the daily chart, as well as the intraday charts.
As for the Wave press release, it's a non starter, because SRPT would be the first mover, and patients of this potentially fatal disease will not wait until at least 2018-2019 for another solution, since SRPT's drug will be on the market shortly after FDA approval.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
The reward of approval far outweighs any risk of approval, esp. when you factor in hope and emotion. It just kills me to see some of these drugs advertised on TV over and over, when they give the risks or side effects..."don't take (insert a name) if you have feelings of depression, chest pain, and thoughts of suicide." "Stop taking this drug if you start bleeding profusely from various parts of your body." "This drug has caused cancer and/or diabetes in some patients." For God sakes, approve this drug already!
Call me crazy, but I'm playing the common, and options Nick. I just cannot even imagine the FDA completely closing the door on this drug; it doesn't make sense, so therefore the upside is practically unlimited, and the downside is minimal, in my view.
So I sat there like a dope a week or two ago, when SRPT was knocked down by the panel, and traded under $7 in pre-market. I was going to pull the trigger, and of course I didn't. So now I'm in, in the $17's until approval. The enormously positive sentiment, bullish news releases, and the daily chart showing signs of some serious accumulation tell me after what, 5 years, Sarepta is finally going to get approved. Even a conditional approval will send this stock into the $30's. Good luck to all.
Because this was a fabulous report on every metric. Considering all the customers they added, their branding and leverage, license revenue will grow in the future. I already bought in AH in the $45's, so we'll see.
Didn't you receive the memo? Continental Resources discovered a cure for all diseases. How else can you explain this parabolic move over the past several weeks?
AMT has a nice chart, although a bit extended on the weekly, congrats. Are you short OZRK? So far at least, Block appears correct, although as you suggested a lot of this become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Having said that, it certainly looks like OZRK could eventually head to about $30, before possibly finding support.