Bio Boy Scout @BioBoyScout · 53m53 minutes ago
$ARWR now opened recruiting for Monarch at 5 new locations in Australia, Bulgaria and Molodova - 34 sites in all. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02577029?term=%22arrowhead+pharmaceuticals%22&rank=6&show_locs=Y#locn …
Ob - Was just wondering since it was oversubscribed, I am sure, there are some investors who got left out, and maybe they could just enter some large buy order at a certain price starting next week. They might not get the million shares, but 35/50K per day at 5.90 or higher, they could come close. Since the topic of today on here, and twitter, is that their is a chance of a partnership/buyout, or something, they might want to dip their toes in the water, since I am sure, they heard some of the same information that the current holders did, either thru CA, or scuttle butt. You can't keep a great piece of news quite for long.
There was also some messages on Twitter that someone is holding some large 6 calls for over 1M bucks, and 6.60 is the break even price for him,her, or them. So the new guys get in @ 6+ instead of 5.90. If it's going higher, 6+ is still a great price. My 2 cents
Land - If the SP increases, this topic will die, and soon be forgotten. :)
Bullish $$ Signal @techrightpicks · 6m6 minutes ago
Bullish $$ Signal Retweeted S Manian
Super long in $ARWR
Acquisition or partnership in September or prior.
10K call options = the cue
5 Reasons Arrowhead Pharma Is A Hepatitis B Leader $ARWR $GILD $JNJ http://benzinga.com/z/8007493 via @benzinga
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc
reported positive data in a Phase II study of its lead product ARC-520 for the treatment of hepatitis B surface antigen [HBsAg] in HB envelope antigen-positive [HBeAg+] HBV patients. Chardan Capital’s Madhu Kumar initiated coverage of the company with a Buy rating and price target of $12.
Arrowhead Pharma is focusing on the development and commercialization of RNAi therapies for the treatment of various conditions, including chronic hepatitis B virus infection, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, thrombosis/angioedema, cardiovascular disease, and clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
Kumar outlined several catalysts driving the company’s growth prospects:
1. In a phase IIa study, ARC-520 achieved 97 percent suppression of HBsAg that was persistent for around four weeks after a single 4 mg/kg dose in combination with daily nucleoside analog (NUC) therapy.
2. Suppression of HBsAg is likely vital for durable HBV therapy. ARC-520 thus has the potential to generate a robust immune response against HBV.
3. Nucleoside analog therapies transiently suppress HBV, driving the need for combination therapies like ARC-520 to achieve durable responses.
4. ARC-520 is more advanced and likely more effective than competing HBV RNAi assets.
5. Arrowhead Pharma may enter into a partnership soon. Such announcements with RNAi companies are associated with high alpha generation.
Kumar believes Arrowhead Pharma’s ARC-520 may be of interest to larger players like Gilead Sciences, Inc.
and Johnson & Johnson
Dig ? for you. There is approx. 15K Preferred shares and can convert to 2.7M common shares or approx. 188 shares per 1 preferred.
1. When they convert, what is the price? Was that build into the preferred when bought?
2. Can we find out who owns the Preferred? I think Baker Bros own approx. 5K.
3. So in the case of Preferred, they can wait till the SP surges then convert back to the original price that was given then when purchased. like 3/4/5 bucks?
4. That would mean if true, and say the SP reaches $20 bucks, Bakers could convert to 1M shares at the set price for one heck of a increase in profits, without any real risk.
5. And if that is the case, why didn't the new buyers, buy Preferred for the $45M. That would have eliminated most of the RISK, plus you can't short Preferred, or can you.