After the price of BABA plunged on Wednesday, you could have bought the May 26 $77.50 calls for about .20, then sold two days later for around $3.00.
If the vote is NO on leaving the EU, markets will likely rally. There are many hedging with short positions, and these will be covered quickly if the is no Brexit, very possibly producing a massive market rally. In the meantime, continued upward pressure on FEYE stock seems likely. For .20 you can buy the Jun 24 $18 calls. For those who don't play options, this means for $200 you can buy 10 calls, and if FEYE should jump to $20, those calls would be worth at least $2.00, or 10x your initial cost. For those who can't afford to buy more shares or who don't want to get in after today's move, this is a totally speculative but inexpensive way to play the possibility of the stock going higher. Of course, if the stock doesn't cross $18 your options will expire worthless if held to expiration. I'm long the stock but bought a few just in case.
We should see a lot of short covering as people unwind hedges. Not a bad time to look at buying calls as a purely speculative play IMO.
If yes, better own some short positions IMO. I own some SIX puts and am looking for other stocks that don't appear to have a big upside but could be hit significantly if the vote is yes. I'm open to any suggestions from the board.
I doubt AAL will be up more than .30-.40 if the vote is to stay in EU. Looks like it will take quite a while to heal the stock's price. It would totally shock me if AAL moved up as much as $1.00 tomorrow, although I would love to see it start moving higher.
Hopefully we are near a point where bad news no longer has any impact. Enough is enough. Time to move higher may be near.
Looks like the market is already counting on no Brexit. It the market is right, we may see a little more upside tomorrow. But if the market is wrong, we will see a big selloff in AAL and the rest of the market.
Uncle--You saying the market is expecting Brexit? Early results suggest Brexit forces may win.
I'm guessing today's gains will all go away in a heartbeat. The remain vote may pick up, but they're far behind so will be tough to catch up.
Couldn't be more wrong. US futures down 5%. Will be very ugly. GOOG could drop $30-$40 in a heartbeat. What happens next is unclear. Does the market continue lower, and if so how much?
As it turns out, your prediction was well timed. The stock could have been picked up the next day for $25 and now, a few days later, is up almost 20%. I'm with you on other comments re bots. Now that they have made the stock unattractive through all kinds of "news" stories and beaten it down to the mid $20s, someone has been picking it up for a song. Also agree with Uncle's comments about some short covering taking place.
I'm long and underwater on shares recently bought at $30, as well as a few bought higher. Below I am listing the effect of the shares buyback so far:
A little late to the party to downgrade now. How about we downgrade Credit Suisse, now down from $30 to $10? I'm not normally a conspiracy person, but this timing really seems suspicious and gives the shorts a great gift. Hmm, is it possible in a situation where there is a great deal of money to be made there could be manipulation? Oh wait, that's the pool we're playing in.
Was the downgrade the last piece of bad news that caused traders to say all the bad news is in now? Or created as an opportunity for shorts to cover? Whatever the reason, it is a welcome relief to see the stock moving higher. Will the groundhog see its shadow tomorrow and run back into its hole? Hopefully not.
Was going to joke earlier that I must be on the wrong board since my stock does not go up this much, not realizing it really never does go up this much--ever. And then decided to check posts and could not find the board. Had to go to history to find the message board. Are others having this same problem with redesigned Yahoo Finance and no access to message boards?