Exceptionally well said... This is not the first time that oil prices wildly fluctuated, and will not be the last... LINE and/or LINN are well positioned to buy-out those companies that falter at bargain prices...Not in it for the trade but for long-term...
Agreed...I noticed the Cooperman filing also... The total stock beneficiaries was quite substantial...
Nice to see an optimistic post! Still holding on purchasing more based on pricing of oil if it breaks 79.00 per barrel... Has been a wild ride today...GLTA
Ghondulal: that is actually great advice... Not sure if LNCO has bottomed but will gladly stay with this one... At 22.80 it was a steal yesterday to add to existing position... enots overview is basically correct, regardless of the covered call precept, concerning financial stability and dividend... Still watching oil pricing and waiting to see if it breaks 82.00 this coming week if it does energy will take another beating and anything associated with it, like LNCO, and would consider adding even more.... GLTA
I have to agree with you that there is still room for further degradation... It has broken through its 52 week low and still might have further to go... added at a small increment at that mark and now waiting for a bottoming technical signal that may or may not come within the next few days before adding more... Once comfortable about technical stasis will add more... GLTA
Agreed... In a market downturn/correction the baby gets thrown out with the entire bathtub... Adding in small increments until a solid bottom is attained... definitely reaching oversold status... GLTA
When there is " blood in the streets" is the time to buy... Been with this stock since inception and at one year lows it may be time to add even more... Just do not understand the rationale to sell a 10% dividend company with assets and cash on hand to more than cover its continued dividend... GLTA
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Bob: As usual sound advice... At low 8's this morning, going to add a little more today... Regards to the family... GLTA
eliapostchild: The EXACT date of dividend payments for NATDF/NADL is rather difficult to predict; however, it always coincides with SDRL's when posted, and occurs every 3 months/quarterly and usually within a few days/week of previous historical dividends paid... Have been with this stock since inception and have not yet been disappointed on any quarter's dividend payment... JF's companies have continually been stockholder friendly... Just a side note:: Payment of the dividend to your accounts usually takes a few more days than what is ultimately posted, so do not get unduly worried if payments aren't credited immediately... GLTA
Sentiment: Strong Buy
flatlander: Just received a letter stating that NATDF stock is now :"registered stock" from Fidelity. Interesting that no mention of conversion was made relative to NADL. With an abundance of caution I'm making a formal written request that NATDF stock be converted to NADL stock with Fidelity.. Thanks for the post... GLTA
Morning Bob. address is on att.net. Added more on Monday pre-market NATDF. Finally the IPO is coming! How long have we waited? Hmm since it was a 2.00 stock LOL. Going back on NCT after fed speak Wed. Drop a line when you get a chance... Regards to family... GLTA
Sentiment: Strong Buy
jmdec1: Don't forget to add Golar and its MLP to the above-mentioned listings also from JF; NYMT I've bought and sold and produced each time but waiting on how QE reductions affect market, if at all, before purchasing more of it... Nice post... GLTA
Greetings Bob: Been awhile sitting on the sidelines for the last 3 months but still holding my favorites like NATDF...; Are you going to add more at these lows or waiting for a better opportunity later for a market correction? Hope all is well with you and yours... Still holding NCT??? Either way drop me a line if you still have my addy... GLTA
new2 investing: Please just relax and take stdennis44's advice... No stock continues to rise without stopping at resistance, consolidation, and some profit-taking.... Enjoy the recent rise and collect that monthly dividend...
Good luck to all...
cookiemonsta8: With respect, the numbers presented are too far from the standard mean deviation to be classified as a "true" double-bottom... However, depending on variables such as: 1) the SEC inquiry concluding within a shortened timespan; 2) BRY deal being consummated (which by definition cannot occur until the SEC issue is put to rest); and 3) the price of NG bottoming @ 3.10+/-, then a real "floor-bottom" could be charted... Of greater interest might be to look at a potential double-top around 27.25+/- and see if the RSI there can be breached and maintained upward after a brief back and fill... Aside: Was nice for a change to see the DOW negative 220+ and watch LINE and LNCO trade higher on the day!!! - Regardless, good luck to all...
Aside from DCF, the numbers were a huge beat in the quarterly - dig deeper into filing and it will also show net purchases up - (as a negative, add into it that today is X-date and nat gas inventories unexpectedly high on today's report)... Adding to position after conference call completes... Good luck to all...
diodia2000: Thank you for taking the time to run the numbers in a straightforward manner; we are in agreement that forward distributions are contingent upon the finalization of the BRY deal, and/or another acquisition... More likely than not, LINE and LNCO will trade within its current parameters until the SEC inquiry is concluded, and no amount of discussion is going to change that fact - a 26/p/s threshold appears reasonable, both technically and fundamentally... During this time period the continued regurgitation, by both the shorts and/or the longs, about subjective accounting practices of Linn are misplaced - The focal point of the SEC inquiry lies upon the ability of an MLP entity to purchase an outside holding, in this case BRY, pure and simple... Suggestion: Why not sit back and wait patiently for the SEC to finish its inquiry? The merger cannot go forward, be modified, nor cancelled, until the SEC issue is resolved...