I still expect some sort of pullback but I shouldn't count the pennies and just buy more. But I'm way over invested and just don't have enough guts. Would of felt better if I purchased at a lower price. What caused the sudden rebound this morning was the dollar sudden drop from its early highs this morning. As much as they want a good job report they also want to keep the lid on the dollar. If the dollar had kept rising things would of been a little different this morning and could of gotten a momentary dip with a opportunity to buy. Also someone mentioned fundamentals. The recent MUX action has a lot to do with its much improved fundamentals and not just because of the recent boost in metal prices. We are outperforming basically almost everyone.
With June non-farm job report out this morning comes decision time. We will get a MUCH stronger market reaction upwards if its a negative report...I will certainly buy more because the momentum will intensify. If its a positive one, which I think it will be since the private sector report was better then expected(used as a gauge to the non-farm), the trigger wont be as quick but I would be actively looking at buying on dips, in which technical analysis would become quite useful and back in play...But who knows for sure?
Fundamentals?...mux cash flow and net income has more then doubled with $1200 Au and $15 Ag...what will tge numbers be with 1350 and 20 dillar silver..?.additionally mux size is doubling...the 1.2 billion market cap is going higher...
I agree, but JOBS sold most of his Apple Shares..If not he would of been much much richer then he was. On the other hand McEwen is much more a believer and kept on buying..conceding the fact much was out of necessary.
IMO even though EG2 is now economically feasible I think we can afford to be a little more patient to ensure the 18 dollar mark is our new low. With the share price being now more presentable we are in much stronger position to finance both gold bar and EG2 at the same time. Additionally our cash position will be much stronger then anticipated. With those 2 points in mine the company is in much better position to take on any dilution that is necessary to build the mine(s). At a $4.00 SP it would take just about 13 percent of the market cap to fund EG2
Thanx Drfish, I'm not the only one holding though. I will hold till I hear a voice up above. The way things are shaping up we have some legs..Maybe a pull back soon but who knows. Tomorrow yellen and Fridays job report is big in the shorter term. I think a good report or even a meet expectation report probably a good time for a pull back. Place your bets.
This is how good this management has been. Before bear market we had one profitless mine with not much in the bank.. We are coming out of the bear market with 4 profitable mines and still over 50 million in the bank...How's that for efficiency.
Well for the most part the numbers are probably correct , its the interpretation of the numbers and their tendency to sugarcoat the material driven to neutralize the markets response. It becomes incumbent upon us to filter out the BS and try to understand what the report really means in its entirety in respect to present state of affairs and possible shift in trend.
Trend, outside environment, metal prices play big roles in his decision making, but what makes Rob valuable to MUX besides his name placing a premium on the share price is his experience and the amount of ownership of the company. You know the growth of the company will accompany a significant spike in SP. I think though something has been looking down on MUX lately, recent events has bestowed upon us at the most opportune time
Darlenekr, obviously there are some mountains to climb before we start thinking S&P 500. The market cap being the most challenging. To get there the best gauge to follow is MUX production profile...600k AuEq is considered the magic number. With Eg2 and Gold Bar we would be half way there. The remaining 300K we need to find..probably thru acquisition but I'm thinking we will find more assets at San Jose and El Gallo as well
July 8th is the next big date. June's job report will have large implications of how metal prices will react this summer. A neutral report obviously will have mix reactions but a positive report may puncture a small in the balloon and perhaps that's when we get a correction. If by chance we get another bad report to me that will be inflection point number two. Number one was when Yellin admitted a US slow down in growth for the first time back in 2015. Another bad job report will remove ALL!! thoughts of interest hikes and the fear index will sky rocket.
The most impressive part of this rally is this crazy robust movement of the miners with relatively a small movement from gold with last years highs in mind. With Silver clearly above 18 dollars and creating a new floor, July 8th clearly looms even bigger and the time when gold starts chasing silver
Gary you did good. I'm trying not too get too overly confident but its been difficult. Gold is just 40 bucks over last years high and the miners have taken flight already.
Nothing matters in this environment..If you have gold in the ground anywhere and there is just a scent of rising gold prices Miners are going to respond. Forget P/E ratio, forget geopolitical risks, forget interest rates. Gold is up just 25 percent for the year...MUX up 500 percent..I could be off a little but u get what I mean
If thenwhydid did what I did instead of asking why I did what I did he be one happy thenwhydid. Instead, what he did then was just constantly asked why we did what we did knowing MUX was then just dropping. Lesson here if thenwhydid did his DD then he would of then stopped lecturing on why we did what we did and would not be thinking changing his name from thenwhydid to whydidnt_ I
Its amazing how things can change so quickly. Momentum is everything and gold leverage is king. We need to stay above 18 dollar silver price for a period of time. If so Mux will have a opportunity of doubling our production from 150AuEq to 300AuEq. The higher silver prices goes the easier the decision of building both mines at once. I hope you all appreciate that accomplishment considering the hell we and company went through.
almost a 8 percent drop and very near all time low. Presently at 1.46 it has never been below 1.4..The drop was not as large as Britain experienced today (13 percent drop) but the huge drop is telling us a story...No confidence and a flight to safety. In Britain it drop below 1 for first time. Historically as yields drop Gold rises.
At a minimum of 1350, probably ending up more once the first aftershock settles. The $100 rise from $1250 to $1350 translates to a 66 percent rise in profits. Don't you love the benefits of leverage to gold?. But as important in cushioning our pockets Mux will strengthen there position for a acquisition and cushioning our growth profile. Something they were JUST able to dream and talk about just a few months ago. With the rise of SP comes more paper they can sell and strengthening the ability in taking a chance on deposit(s ) with potential. Something that I am sure they are now more keenly focusing on, as well as other miners. The green light has lit. The challenge will be balancing their on brownfield projects eg gold bar, Eg2 and taking on another deposit. My feeling is that lets get Gold bar and EG2 going without diluting the share price too much. By then Gold would of settled and we would know more in what we can afford with the hopes the SP will be even higher.