The question on material purchase from Universal Display came up 3-4 years ago when PANL (OLED now) was all hype. Someone asked Andrew on cc about volumes that EMAN buys from UDc and the answer was something like we bought 10 grams and it will last for next 10 years. or something like that. EMAN is making microdisplays, not big screen TVs.
Yeah, I remember JCL and punch cards. For the morons like you I would accidentally drop them on the floor and then pile back into a bag .
I never did COBOL - I switch away from that cr@p to deal with 10base2 and Token Ring cr@p. I am one of those who don't shave cause we don't have to - no customer ever sees us and users keep their opinions to themselves if they want to have their files be backed up to something else but /dev/null
Huh? Yahoo shows that you've been here since 1999. You should be able to figure out by now when id was created and posts made by user. On the other hand you maybe too old to get around interwebs. Better put that AOL floppy back in.
Seriously. That's been my experience - I got some gains and I think I lost more. Mostly in AMBA, not MU.
I am watching your trade - learning at your expense.
Here is compilation of your posts on that trade :
"Just bought 100 MU $13 Puts"
"I bought the July 22 $13's "
"$12.11 is the break even point for the Puts I bought today"
Looking on trade option charts I see the trade on July 1st around 10 am of 100 July 22nd 13 puts at 0.89 - that was you, apparently. So, you bet $8900 on the downside of MU. Good luck , eh.
The trouble with weekly options is the low open interest - not enough liquidity to get fair market price. And the time value evaporating fast - 5 minutes before closing on Friday and 5 minutes after opening on Monday are only 10 trading minutes apart but the weekly option prices drop a lot. When I do short term options I pick monthly ones but ,say, 2 weeks before expiration. Did it a few days ago with 12 puts for July 15th expiration.
Made 50% and quit. If I would wait a day more I would make 100%.
Weeklies are not something you buy and go play golf - I would not wait past next Tuesday in your place .
While you are both right and it's not that big deal in terms of share count there is another side of the problem. I am not sure about squirrl bu Franken has been in Vuzix longer than me and knows a lot of history. The history of Vuzix was that they were never profitable and to keep money flow in they are issuing stocks after debt after warrants etc.
They got 20M in December 2014 from Intel and had 8M left by March 31st , 3 months later they need another 5M. In terms of share count it's a small number but in terms of operational cash it's rather large. The price they set is 5.75 - beginning of June price, is it indicator how low the management is valuing the company or it's the best they could negotiate .
Anyway, given their cash burn rate this 5M injection is only enough for another quarter. Either they make it in next 3 months of they would need another source of cash to continue operations. Or there is buyout in works. I think the share price will drop to 5.75 level. I am not holding my breath for next earnings - they will be less than stellar (because M300 are not really sold yet, they delivered as M100 replacements and so impact on revenue is minuscule) but the guidance might be interesting .
"Short" is called that for reason - it's trading position for short time. Holding any short position from now to 2020 is insane, VUZI or APPL or anything in between.
Here comes dilution.
I am not sure why shareholders have so much patience with Travers - hiring Vista partners to pump the price target to 15 while hiring underwriters for dilution is a not clean game in my books.
Well, at least it will not drop too much under 5.75.
Nice! That's the other one I own.
It's a very interesting story - shorts (most notable is Morgan Stanley) were betting on competitor drug (ZS-9) which was bought by Astra Zeneca. (Not) surprisingly Morgan Stanley was underwriter of that AstraZeneca buyout of ZS Pharma. Now ZS-9 was rejected by FDA and Veltassa owns the market for at least a year. Shorts went berserk on Relypsa after FDA rejection of ZS-9 , MS put a new target price of $9 with all kind of misinformation like you quoted. So AZN has basically paid 2.7B on Morgan Stanley advice for nothing and they are trying to save the face or talk down RLYP price for a better buyout deal.
I don't want to promote RLYP here, you can go on to their message board if you're interested, it's quite good - quite a few intelligent people (doctors, pharmacists ) are contributing there and there are some good discussions there. Definitely better than Sonya#$%$ piece.
I hope that microcap like EMAN will not be affected too much
I am expecting a drop will be on big names and maybe I'll get into APPL and NXPI
I was at 19.4 until yesterday when I added more at 16.66. So now I am at 18.5 dca. If you feel -10% is too much too lose maybe you shouldn't be in biotech. Get T with its 5% div or GE and you will be safe and slow.
My next buying level is at 15 if it continue to drop .
Can you explain , please. My English is old and rusty.
You sound like a bot combining words into phrases that make no sense to me.
"Illegal Spoofing" - spoofing is "pretending to be someone else" . It's usually considered to be unethical but not necessary illegal . I don't get how it can be related to stock trading, it's pretty much anonymous process, cannot apply term 'spoofing' here . "Starring BS Large Lots" - 1000 shares block is not "Starring Large" unless you're a college student , not sure how I can tie "BS" into the phrase. That's complete "BS" to me.
"Complete panic fraud" - I can't make sense of this phrase. Fraud is calculated illegal activity, panic is the opposite to be "calculated" .
"chirp away at the 1000 share block with illegal 100 share lots" - I have no idea what it supposed to mean.
Seriously, translate from daytrader slang into common English for dumb folks like me.
Huh ? I sold at 12.80. No regrets. I got in at 9-ish, and was expecting it to run up just like previous earnings. So when it went up and 3 days after earnings started cool down I sold 3/4 of my EGHT. I got all my money back and now have a chunk of "free" shares. Now it's going up and surely if I sold now I'd got more "free" shares. I am quite positive that it will go down at some point although maybe not to 12.80. I have actually quite opposite feeling about market, I think it's been up too long.
"Average I.Q. of this board's participants, in my opinion, can not be higher than in double digits."
Sorry guys, It's all because of me - I have IQ of 28 or something like that. I tend to bring down averages - you need 4-5 Einstein level people to just to level up. I hope some of your wheezedum would rub on me and I stop drooling and making bubbles from my nose.
MU is now above 13. Everything I look is in severe overbought territory - NXPI, AMBA.
Step away from tech stocks. Maybe, get LUV, they are going ex-div in a few days.
It seems not so risky.