I guess it hurts to be losing big money every day...ON approval day...no matter the "wording"...it will be a complete slaughter....the short position is so large...to cover..puts this stock over 100 per share very fast...will be a good couple days of rising...before the shorts can cover. Good luck with that. The longs are about to have their day...and your scenarios don't scare us...we have been here for a long time..and believe in the drug to help kids...not to get disapproved to make money like the shorts. Good wins over evil this time!!!!!!!
We understand you are deeply short...I am so excited to see the shorts...not so afraid of approval...that they are trying to temper enthusiasm around the approval...so they can cover before stock sky rockets to 80-100 dollars per share. Not likely...the shorts will cause a stampede...and there will be massive money for the first week of trading..no matter what the approval says. Then stock will probably settle back to the 60 dollar range.....although at that time the shorts will have nothing left to fight with. Good luck holding till approval...only a few days to go till you get slaughtered!
Because they are now working with FDA towards approval. They know approval is likely so need to ban any communication to jepordize that outcome
Shorts have to run for cover...as we are now 95% likely for approval...as multiple test data shows that what FDA is asking for has been proven...so only a couple weeks to get them the data...then approval by early fall....60-80 per share coming...maybe some spikes as shorts will likely run for cover fast to avoid the masssive loss.
Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) and top officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are working cooperatively to approve the Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug eteplirsen. Both sides want to find a way to approve eteplirsen, which is why Monday night's announcement about a compromise solution to resolve the long-delayed clinical review is good news and a positive step.
Under the new plan, Sarepta will submit to FDA additional clinical data aimed at confirming eteplirsen's ability to produce dystrophin, the muscle-lubricating protein that is missing in patients with DMD. The inability to produce dystrophin (due to a genetic mutation) is why muscle function degenerates in DMD patients and they end up in wheelchairs at a young age.
Sarepta is obtaining the data from two muscle biopsies taken from each of 13 boys being treated with eteplirsen right now as part of the ongoing phase III study known as "Promovi." Dystrophin expression will be compared at baseline (the start of the study) and after 48 weeks of treatment with eteplirsen.
If eteplirsen helps DMD patients make partially functioning dystrophin, as the company believes it does based on results from the prior phase II study, then the proof should be evident in the new muscle biopsy data from the 13 patients.
And these confirmatory data will be all that FDA needs to finally grant accelerated approval to eteplirsen.
Sarepta plans to submit the results of the dystrophin muscle biopsies "in the coming weeks." No more detailed timeline was provided but hopefully, we get a decision from the FDA in two or three months.
With 50% short...( most of the posters on this board today...saying I may cover etc...all trying to drive down stock..pre-approval so they can get out with skin in tact. The risks to shorts is 50 dollar plus per share. The risk to longs is about 10 dollars...which side would you like to be on.?
Besides....this clearly is a 100% safe drug with no alternative....and a high percent of authorities on this drug say it does obviously work.
What is right will be done...and that is why stock is holding close to 20 versus under 10 which would mean likely no approval. The market knows...avoid the noise..stay long...stay strong...and cash huge on the short squeeze that will be legendary....could hit 120 for a day...
No stops in near future to hold it up...wow...way worse/faster than I thought...got out 50% at 9.50...wow is ti falling fast...Hope it drops to 5 dollar range then I buy back HUGE!!!
I am thinking there is no good news pending. USA jobs/economy showing weak..not good for cars, etc..and company has no good news coming...and likely next quarter worse given less recycle volume, and carry forward volume like Q1 had from Q4...
Thinking to lighten up 50% of holdings.....and buy back in October...once the sell in May/summer doldrums over...
No stops in charts...Yikes...I am thinking to lighten up 50%....and buy back in fall...Sell in May....seems to have been right here for sure...and likely getting worse with no positive economy or company news pending...
of course...its the facts...and in the end the facts don't lie....like the bashers here. Reality is the market is smelling approval.....that is why stock has more than doubled after ADCOM....trust the market...it does not lie.
Woodcock told them not to worry....and let the process take care of the result....they know approval coming.
Wow...even with all the cost company we are still bleeding ink. With current jobs report and economy looks like main metal palladium will continue to deteriorate in value...which should be increasing pressure on our bottom line. Lucky we have some cash on hand to withstand the downturn. I expect this to be a strong investment for 2017 for sure. Given current trends I am going to trim some of ownership now to avoid the coming price drops....Obviously with 25% drop in 2 weeks pre earnings....was some leakage knowing things are pretty bad.
and ...as they say...the market is never wrong...even with the assault of shorts trying to not take on major margin calls....this stock is unstoppable...on the up!!!!