Yea, sure ok. I find it hilarious that some investor have been saying that $18 buyout isn't enough. Roche doesn't need PACB. They have Genia. When they figure out how to increase accuracy rate in nanopore, this stock goes to zero, no question. That may take a couple of years, but it can happen tomorrow.
Take it from an experienced investor, always take the bird in hand and use it to reinvest in the next big thing.
Are you kidding me? 75 million is a rounding error for a 200 billion dollar company. If for some reason Sequel is not working, better to cut bait and lose 75M instead of putting in and losing hundreds more.
A mark of a good management running a public is if they came out and gave a mid quarter update on the status of the transition to the high production contractor and the status of the backlog - how many have been fulfilled and any cancellations. Good companies give mid quarter updates all the time especially in times of extreme volitilty in the stock price. They have no problem coming to shareholders when they need money, but when it comes supporting shareholders they're completely absent. This is an inexperienced public CEO, and he should just do the right thing by shareholders and just sellout to Roche.
If you haven't been paying attention, no one expects them to 'do' anything to affect the stock. That's a naive question to even ask. I do expect, as every retail does, to be inform of any material events that may cause the price to move so violently so that we can make an informed decision as to hold or sell. If any information has been leaked and retail doesn't know about it, it's no longer a level playing field. When you get more experience, you'll understand.
I called in yesterday and nicely asked to speak with Investor Relations. She said she would transfer but instead hung up on me. My first thought was oh my god what kind of fly by night outfit did I invest in. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and called back. This time she transferred me to somebody's voicemail. I left a message for them call me back. No call yet.
1. With Glaxosmithkline (British company) off the table as an aquirer after brexit, the likelihood of a buyout in near term has diminished causing funds to trim their risk.
2. Some European companies that were on the backlog decided to cancel their orders until they get more certainty on impact of brexit. Some low level sales rep may have leaked that piece of info, but company decides that the information is not material enough to release to the public pre-earnings.
I say that any information that is responsible for moving a stock 30-40% in two weeks should be considered material and should be released to the public ASAP and not wait till ER, especially if management decides to offload any of their shares between now and ER - that's jail time or, at the very least, a lawsuit.