They do not own a lot of shares in HIMX. Preferred or ADR's. Thiy own a stake in a subsidiary of HIMX valued at ~3.8M... If you are basing your decision on HIMX based on that, you need to dig more.
NO matter when or at what price you bought it at. Go with the flow... That is currently money out of GTAT. Learned the hard way. Several hundred k. Trying to learn on this go round.
Held my last 5k shares too long because they were bought at 3.35 in the pre tax account. Just liked the #. Stupid reason... I know. Out right now. Waiting till 10.30 to make my 1st buy back. Long term nothing has changed (as with HIMX). Short term this is a huge opportunity.
I understand the angst. Heart says one thing. Gut says the other. We were both wrong on this one. Short term. Long term, nothing has changed in my view. Just playing it differently than I played the other one.
Y/E 2016 will ultimately be the measure.
Won't start buying again until the 10.30's. Planned 4 purchases. Each based on what it does after the last one. IF it reaches a "HIMX" level pullback that is ~7.50 (yes I calculated it). They are not a foreign, Co I think ~20% up from there... So, ~$9.00 will be bottom.
That is my game plan... BTW, congrats on the great sale. I waited 1.5 days too long. And finally sold my last shares yesterday at 11.82. Nice 252% gain... Yes I could have really made out had I sold sooner.
I like the way this is going up here. Smooth, no huge runs. A year ago, news like yesterdays from northland would have produced a $1 or better spike. No gaps, looks like orderly accumulation. Should buy more here, but too much in already. Won't break my % of portfolio rule...
I_yoni, But if the current glide path seems clear, doesn't it make sense to "live to fight another day"... Sell, hold the money and increase share count. Had I done that with the Other stock I own (and you did as well). I would be sitting on Minimum 60% more shares. Had I timed things poorly in re-acquiring.
Granted, it is a crapshoot if it works. but I would be up 40-50% (additional sharecount) when the long term investment horizon is met. Opportunity rarely presents itself. When it does (or is perceived to have) take advantage.
I make less than 50 trades a year. I buy the stocks I'm in for a reason. Nothing has changed long term with GTAT, only the short term sentiment. And that is tough to fight.
Parking the GTAT share money in my high dividend stocks for now. HIMX taught me a lesson. Out of GTAT now waiting for the re-entry point. Like HIMX recent debachacle, They just went through the same "show me" failure due to the "estimated timing" of the growth showing up. Like HIMX, nothing has changed business path forward...
Never mess with IPO's. worse than vegas...
Might be a bit early to start adding. I have no issue with averaging the price paid. Simply think this is a bit high to start. Had set 10.80 as the start, but we broke the 10's sooner than I thought. 10.30-10.40 I will start. 3-4 purchases and should be able to buy 140% of the shares I owned back (sold the last shares yesterday).
Been here a long time, will stay a long time. Just not willing to let the shares ride at this point. Made that decision with another stock. It was wrong. Using that one as my model (it has recovered well)
Long term, won't matter if someone has held. The business case is there. Short term, you can profit in the long run from what is happening now.
Very true words about this stock. Round 2. The converse is also true. Any perceived hiccup and the share price will reflect it quickly. The March to July price tumble is fresh in everyone's minds.
Decent after hours volume. Good price. should gap up tomorrow. If it does, and it holds, this will be the first gap that has not filled on the rise from ~5.90 to todays price. Loved rollercaosters when I was a few years younger. They tear me up now, LOL
Chelle, no matter how bad this seems, it is light years ahead of 2.5 years ago..... Short term, 3-6 months, If long term thought process is correct, this will be behind us.
Went through this exact same situation with another company in the last 6 months. Several hundred K of gains negated. Stubbornly held on to the stock rather than sell and wait for a better buy in point. 6 months later is seems to be recovering nicely.
GTAT is moving into the show me the money phase. The market has seen fit to determine Sept 9th as the inflection point. You can fight it all you want. 3 choices here for longs.
1.) Hold because your DD says to
2.) Sell all or a portion and look to re-up using that money for more shares
3.) take your gains or losses and move on.
With the last stock I had that did this, I chose #1. This time I am trying option 2 because in the short run option 1 was lousy. To me both stocks are still at least an 18-24 month horizon.
Very well put. People cannot put emotion aside. Did this once in the last 6 months. Taking the, hopefully, easier route this time.
For as much of a jackass as he has been. His advice since 9-9 has been pretty well done (with the more often then not snide and caustic remarks)
Still do not understand the mentality that needs to constantly be argumentative...