jk...the reality is this could have gone the other way had the trial been negative...I would guess that even though you sold partially, the remaining shares have put you in the winner circle.
It was difficult to hold through the last 25 days but clearly without any news as to the source of what was causing the stock to decline 50%...it was a #$%$ shot and loads of speculation. I suspect that the shorts were piling in to get some very cheap shares but that would mean someone had insider info which we know that could not be the case..(wink wink). Glad you only sold half....enjoy
Congrats to all who held thru the past weeks...it was difficult to see and experience a 50% retracement before
this news broke. The trials showed such promising results and offer a possible treatment that is long overdo in arena of mental illness. Yes, we holders of the stock are indeed wealthier today than yesterday, however, the real winners will be those afflicted with this unfortunate disease.
I agree...there is always a catalyst for such a big decline in stock price and such volume....the problem is we won't know if it was an initial margin call, fund liquidation, ensuing panic by weak hands, or a blow up of one of the trials. The answer will be forth coming soon I am sure... ....at that point we can slit our wrists for not setting stops.
ck...yes it is concerning but not uncommon. Take comfort.. Depending on your purchase price, insiders recent purchases mean they too are underwater.
The nature of investing in a company this small and biotech to boot, requires nerves of steel and a very strong inners because both will be tested to their limits.
As I expected we are starting to recovering, albeit slowly, from its initial lows today and who knows...we may make it to $4 before days end. Hoping your other stocks are faring better.
In looking at the 5 min chart, I see we are above 8 day moving average....a positive thingy.....if we continue in this manner we might even close above 4 today! Whew
Actually, in watching the trades go by and the long tail on the daily chart for todays action...we have buyers coming in...hope it lasts
Without any news we will remain frozen and at the hands of people and or funds dumping due to price being crushed or margin calls being executed......panic will subside in three days when the dust begins to settle and every weak hand has sold....the question will be "how much pain will current holders be able to handle" .
I will continue to hold since my position has already suffered (I feel) the biggest loss. My position is only a few thousand shares and although this is rather unsettling,, the insiders have bought positions at prices higher and feeling the pain as well (misery likes company). Lastly, if the existing trials have
any positive bent, price appreciation will no doubt occur and my losses will be erased..
Without any news out there, we are left with conjecture. What is concerning is that this stock has fallen 37 per cent since the beginning of the month for reasons that anyone knows. The volume alone today could have been a margin call that caused a lemming type reaction and nothing more. Realizing that our usual vol. is around 43K, it would take little to cause panic with a 200K dump. On a positive note we have held between 4.06 and 4.14 since noontime so maybe this is the bottom and we can relax with a water glass full of wine tonight!