I'm not sure this judge is going to write a positive ruling at this point, which is probably why the massive selling today.
decarlo, I'm talking about a ruling on yesterday's filing. Someone on the IV board said the judge will likely rule on those briefs sometime in October. He can't make his trial ruling until yesterday's briefs are ruled upon.The people who follow these dates on the IV board feel October will be timeframe to rule on yersterday's filing, they said. This means we wouldn't get the jury ruling until the end of the year. You are already a month off on your original prediction so you might want to listen to people who actually have an idea of how long things take to go through the court system
More delays. What a court system we have. AAPL is playing the court system like a fiddle and VHC and their legal team is apparently too stupid to stop it. This has been going on for about 5 years. What a bunch of circus clowns on the VHC side. They rarely oppose anything from AAPL and AAPL just runs roughshod over them. Just think how bad it would be if AAPL actually had their good team of lawyers working on this.
Today is nothing but the start of more delays. Our court system is nothing but a complete joke. It's obviously going to be the cause for VHC going bankrupt as AAPL keeps piling on the appeals.
This will weigh heavily on the judge's decision as he will not want to rule against the supreme Patent board in the land. He'd look awfully silly awarding money for patents the PTAB rules as "not valid."
decarlo, all VHC won is a piece of paper that says AAPL owes them $650 million. Now, the problem for VHC is, trying to collect it. You know there's no chance whatsoever.
Yes, it's pretty clear to anyone thinking straight that VHC has no chance of winning PTAB or CAFC now that SCOTUS is in. Even if the judge did hold up the jury verdict, VHC will never see a dime from AAPL, so what's the point. If you're under water on VHC, and most people are, you short it for 4 points and try to get some of your money back. It has to go to zero, so it's 4 points you can make back. That's the only way to play this junk at this point.
Some people think he may rule sometime next year, but November would be within the normal 6 month period for a decision. He's not going to rush his decision, that's for sure. Also, I'm sure he'll be swayed by the recent SCOTUS decision, so nothing is looking good for VHC.
rogers, you think AAPL will have to pay? LOL....what are you smoking? These people on this board have you brainwashed. There's not even a slight chance AAPL will pay unless the judge issues an injunction, and there's no chance of that. Why do you think the stock is near $4 now if they are going to get this big award. Do you think you're the only one that knows it? LOL.....
This is going to start feeding off itself. He'll need to sell shares before it gets too cheap. He'll need to have cash from the sale of this stock in order to award him and his family huge cash bonuses before the company declares bankruptcy. Just watch how this plays out.
rogers, you're listening to decarlo too much. Let me make it real clear for you so you and others might understand. I'd say VHC has less than a 5% chance of collecting a penny from AAPL within the next two years. In other words, I'm saying AAPL has a 95% chance of not paying. I believe that's about the odds you are betting against. No judge is going to let this worthless patent troll collect all that money from an American Icon.
This stock should be trading under ten cents at this point. This ruling insures VHC will never see a dime from AAPL as AAPL will appeal and file IPRs until VHC is broke. The judge's ruling, short of a full blown injunction, will mean nothing to VHC.
Make no mistake, this was the final blow for VHC. It doesn't matter what the judge rules now, AAPL will IPR VHC to death and will appeal until VHC is bankrupt. This is a fact and not a guess. Even the wonderful KL said AAPL will never settle.
Our court system is amazing. You get issued a patent and it can be challenged over and over again. If that's the case, what's the point? VHC is finished. Who is going to do business with them now until the AAPL case is cleared up, which won't be for years. AAPL will be digging its' heals in deeper than ever now. It appears VHC is now finished.
Interesting, I've never seen an uptrend defined as 3 down days in a row. You longs are here begging for your stock to go up while KL is visiting his 49ers suite and counting the bonus you awarded him. I wonder if he even knows what VHC does?
durango, I told you at 11 am today what the top would be right to the penny. Who else ever did that for you. This junk is easily manipulated because it's just that....junk. Therefore, you don't have to worry about longs coming in and running the stock up on the shorts with a short squeeze. Nobody has that type of conviction to the stock. It's junk. Just look at Gabriel. That's the whole company in a nutshell. They can't give it away
We'll see the benefits tomorrow as they crater the stock to $5 for OPEX
Just shows you what a bad company we're dealing with here. A patent troll, which is exactly what everyone has been calling them.
durango, it's very simple. There's only two things you need to know. VHC and it's illustrious CEO have been saying the same things for about 7 years. They haven't gotten anything accomplished to this point. NOTHING!! Secondly, look at the stock price. It's essentially hovering near it's all time lows with nearly a $700 million jury verdict awarded to it. Now, does that seem right to you or would it make more sense if the stock was closer to $20. So, use some common sense and it may finally sink in.
Actually, they won't be paying anybody. What they will be doing is putting a ton more money in the bank from shorting and manipulating the VHC stock price until they bankrupt VHC. It's pretty easy to see if you aren't tied to the stock